PDA

View Full Version : any problems with parrot 3100 in car hands free systems

adrian paul
09-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Has anyone had any problems with parrot 3100 in car systems fitted to passat 2.0l 170 sel dpf.
If so what are the problems, i'm told that if these are fitted to any VW that your warranty will be void.
If fitted by a reputable dealer does this product effect the engine management system or dpf electronics

carl s
10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Has anyone had any problems with parrot 3100 in car systems fitted to passat 2.0l 170 sel dpf.
If so what are the problems, i'm told that if these are fitted to any VW that your warranty will be void.
If fitted by a reputable dealer does this product effect the engine management system or dpf electronics

That must surely be utter rubbish, which I suspect is proliferated by a dealer wanting you to spend £ with them on a VW fitted system.

As for affecting the ECU? can't see how that would happen
Like any aftermarket install of any electrics if it's bodged then it could be dangerous, but even then the first things that would go are the fuses (that's what their designed for)

I had a 3100 fitted to my last two cars and it was great, didn't affect the cars at all. I suspect f you check out some dealers I imagine quite a few of them will offer parrot systems as dealer fit accessories.

Eclipse car Audio
11-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi Mate

Never done a Passat 170 but can't see there being any problems. As for warranty it sounds complete cr4p to me if the kit is installed properly there is no need to cut or splice any wires (which is where normal warranty issues arise) The Parrott kits that I supply and fit come with a lead specific to the car that it is being installed into so it is basically plug and play.

As mentioned I think the dealer is after getting your money.

BenR
11-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I have a Parrot system and it's rubbish. It makes startling bangs through the speakers and when you get in the car without your mobile it tells you there's a connection problem. It sometimes says this even when you've got the phone then connects you a few minutes later. Once you've got it to make a call the sound is clear enough, but the problem is in persuading it to make a call and then to the correct number. In the end you're tempted to pick up the handset and find the number manually.

As for fitting, the bloke who fitted mine removed the trim around the radio, disconnected the "airbag off" indicator and triggered an airbag fault. This took me two visits to the trial-and-error dealer and £85.00 to get corrected. My company is still disputing the bill with the Parrot fitter.

Never again. Next time I will definitely go for the VW system.

angus
11-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I`ve had the Parrot in for 12 months now (TDI140 Sport estate manual) and can`t fault it.

Fitted at work in less than an hour, no mess, no problems.

forge197
11-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I have a CK3200 in my Golf and the VW dealer are getting fitted to my 170 SEL DSG TDI a Parrot kit don't know which model as long as they fit one.

I am very pleased with it in the Golf works like a dream, BenR sounds like a bad experience from a bad fitter as the product is generally very reliable

Eclipse car Audio
11-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I have a Parrot system and it's rubbish. It makes startling bangs through the speakers and when you get in the car without your mobile it tells you there's a connection problem. It sometimes says this even when you've got the phone then connects you a few minutes later. Once you've got it to make a call the sound is clear enough, but the problem is in persuading it to make a call and then to the correct number. In the end you're tempted to pick up the handset and find the number manually.

As for fitting, the bloke who fitted mine removed the trim around the radio, disconnected the "airbag off" indicator and triggered an airbag fault. This took me two visits to the trial-and-error dealer and £85.00 to get corrected. My company is still disputing the bill with the Parrot fitter.

Never again. Next time I will definitely go for the VW system.

As said Ben I think you have been the victim of dodgy fitting wasn't Halfords was it:D

BenR
12-10-2007, 05:18 PM
No it was some other back-street abortionist that our company uses. The bloke also irritated me by resting his head against my windscreen and leaving a big greasy mark.

forge197
13-10-2007, 05:30 PM
not sure what's worse the poor install or the greasy mark probably the mark

carl s
15-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I have a 3100 kit I took out of my old Subaru sitting in a box at home. I just need to find somewhere to buy the right loom adapter from and then pluck up the courage to fit it. I'm allway a bit nervous about removing trim which involves airbags (ie: the windscreen pillar)

Eclipse car Audio
15-10-2007, 06:34 PM
I can get any of the fitting leads if your still struggling to find one let me know

Cheers

Tony

MJED
23-10-2007, 08:10 AM
I have the Parrot CK3100 in my Passat 170 Sport. I also fitted a Multican unit which allows me to use the phone button on the steering wheel to start and end calls (a really nice touch that makes it feel like factory fit) and to my thoughts works better than the factory fit.

People who have been having connection problems - you do need to make sure that the Parrot kits firmware is up to date and also you phones firmware. A few other points to note, are the way in which you pair the bluetooth as some phones need different types of connections like the Samsung range of phones.

With the latest firmware updates I have no problems. I start the car and the Parrot kit gives a bleep to confirm connection, the rest works as should do, muting the radio or cd and directing the sound of the phone through the sound system.

I couldn't wish for a better setup.

Mark. :D

forge197
23-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I have had the CK3100 fitted they did a real neat job it's between the Nav and the Aircon convers the airbag off warning which doesn' matted to me, don't have multican but that sounds like an excellent thing to have. The CK seems to be working 100% very very happy with that and the car as a whole.