PDA

View Full Version : Noise from front

sandis01
28-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Hi just need same advice. Got a noise comming from front drivers side when I drive above 30mph. I think that's wheel bearing but which? When I turn left noise disappears. When I turn right noise get louder. I did get car up and check for play, couldn't find any foult. Tryed turn the wheels as fast I can couldn't hear any thing. Even swiched of abs and Tryed to speed when car was up. No noise. But noise there when car is on road. Please help . Don't want to start changing it. If its not the actual problem. Cos it's he'll of the work. Mann thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

MiniMental
28-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Left wheel bearing bud. Would advise doing in pairs if possible. Usually always left side components go first as they get all the crap from the gutter /edge of road hammered into them.

Mini

MiniMental
28-12-2015, 10:00 PM
You might not feel anything when jacked up but when it's on the floor it's got at least 500kg on it when it spins. More when leading a turn (or turning right)

Mini

sandis01
28-12-2015, 10:03 PM
You might not feel anything when jacked up but when it's on the floor it's got at least 500kg on it when it spins. More when leading a turn (or turning right)

Mini
Does it matter that the noise comming from driver side?

MiniMental
28-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Could be conduction the noise through gearbox and driveshafts etc. I tend to find that most noises on my Passat aren't where they appear. :/

I would still say left wheel bearing. May be worth giving CVs a "grab n shake" as well just to be sure.

Mini

MiniMental
28-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Because I should've asked this to start with if I'm honest, what kind of noise is it? Grinding? Knocking? Clicking?

Mini

sandis01
28-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Can't describe it. It feels like if I drive faster, my car will fly off 😃

MiniMental
28-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Definitely points to wheels bearing in my opinion. Noise disappearing whilst turning sets it for me. Not an automotive expert by any means such as the likes of crasher and zolla etc, but fairly confident in my abilities. Ship mechanic by trade. Lol

Mini

rowdy-999
29-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Does it matter that the noise comming from driver side?

Didn't you ask what side? It's not always so simple as n/s components fail first. You don't always get play in a dodgy bearing, but they can sometimes 'feel or sound different' when spinning.