PDA

View Full Version : Please Help drivers door open

siblo
28-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Hi Guys,

Not posted before, more of a look and learn guy, so hello to everyone and thanks for all the info so far..

Anyway, I have a problem.

Info screen on dash is showing drivers door open , even when I shut it.

Its a 2012 Passat Estate 2.0 Deisel Bluemotion.

I have already googled and found it might be the microswitches in he lock mechanism but before I dive into that I want to rule out another possibility.

This morning I was fitting a dash cam, not a new one, had it over a year, but it was always plugged into the cig lighter and I wanted it hard wired to hide the wiring.

Anyway, I invested in a piggyback fuse holder and needed the fuse location for the cig lighter, after not being able to find a diagram I tried pulling a couple of fuses with the cig lighter powering a charger and after a little trial and error found the one I needed. I proceeded to fit said piggyback fuse and an aux power supply to power the dashcam and it works fine.

It was after this hillbilly tinkering of mine that the door fault appeared.

I wonder. Have I done something whilst pulling fuses? Have I put one back wrong (there is one I am not 100% sure of) or is it just the dodgy lock.

I look forward to any opinions on his situation. Below is a pic of my fusebox, the 30 fuse 3rd row up is the one im not sure of so if anyone can id the slots?

Just to throw more detail in there, when I get out of the car and try and lock it, it will not lock the doors, just the boot and fuel cap, when inside the car the cental locking button on the door does nothing.

Thanks in advance

Siblo

Crasher
28-12-2015, 03:26 PM
You should use a diagnostic system to view the switch status in Measuring Blocks of the driver’s door controller.

siblo
28-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Crasher

SO, if I plug in diagnostics it will tell me if the door closed and door open switches are working?

And is that something a main dealer should do or can I attempt with a diagnostics tool at home.

Crasher
28-12-2015, 04:42 PM
using a system such as VCDS, do a controller scan and look for the drivers door controller and in advanced measuring blocks you can see the door status and if that is incorrect it is pretty conclusive that a new door lock unit is required.

siblo
28-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Thanks again Crasher,

Right, I'm assuming I just download VCDS from RossTech so Ill do that, but I dont have a cable so I just ordered one..

In the meantime, there are more problems than I first realised.

Window controls and mirror control on drivers door do not work, auto hold (for hill start) does not function (yes its DSG, should I have mentioned that), and the auto stop start does not work (which I always turn off anyway).

I,m starting to think its not a door lock issue, its something I have done when messing with fuses.

Does anyone know where I can find a fusebox layout for the box pictured above, I need to know what fuses should be where. I have looked but not got one so far..

And is it possible that I have done some internal damage (electronics) whilst messing with the fuses

Thanks again

Crasher
29-12-2015, 10:46 AM
I hope you have ordered a genuine Ross Tech approved cable and not a dodgy one?

29-12-2015, 09:40 PM
You can get the fuse location diagrams from link but you will have to pay a fee. The diagram is there - I got it before it went to payment.

PASSAT (https://sites.google.com/site/1810martin/home)