PDA

View Full Version : Boosting issues after cleaning EGR (P0229)

Mick84
26-12-2015, 11:05 PM
well it all started after i was stripping the top of the engine ready to take the turbo off to replace when i noticed how bad the EGR and Inlet were so i have cleaned them to near new condition and when i put everything back on the car to see if this was the cause of the bad running it started first turn of the key and idle'd better than it has since i baught the car months ago. but as soon as i took it round the block the car instantly appeared to have absolutely no boost wwhere as before it was intermittently less or just normal.

Is it possible that i have reconnected a vacum pipe to the wwrong part as i too a couple off to get better access to the bolts on the airbox to turbo pipe.

I scanned with torque pro as didnt have my laptop to hand with vcds and got the code P0229 underboosting.

I used a baking soda and lemon juice mix to create a paste and put it over everything and after stood in boiling water and stain remover for 2 hours which was told to me by a mechanic at my work.
Have to say the results were amazing all metal come up like new from over 4-5mm of gunk and carbon build up in the EGR and Inlet manifold.

cheers

Mick

paulsa6
27-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Good tip, thanks

Crasher
27-12-2015, 12:55 AM
You have probably connected a vacuum pipe incorrectly or you have a vacuum leak.

Mick84
27-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Hi guys quick update here.

The numpty that i am i managed to knock a vacum pipe off the bottom of the engine. now boosting a very stable 22psi with the ocasional 24-26psi spike and vacum just where it should be.

Now just need to find the correct wheel speed sensor and figure out whats causing the flashing glow plug light intermittently.

Oh the code was P0299 not P0229 lol

Cheers

Mick