PDA

View Full Version : Question Which MMI

2010_Q5
26-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Hello complete newbie here - Seasons greetings to everyone.

I've had my 2010 TDI 2.0 SE for a month now but can't for the life of me work out which MMI I have :( Any help would be very much appreciated.

Below I have tried to give as much information as possible:

The MMI operating manual that came with the car describes it as: Audi MMI Navigation System Plus
The colour screen in the dash as far as I can tell with a tape measure is closer to 7" diagonally than 6.5"
The head unit in the dash has a single CD drive, 2 x SD slots and no SIM card slot
There is no AMI connector in the glove box but there is an AUX socket under the centre arm rest
I have the joystick in the centre of the console near the gearstick
The joystick is surrounded by the 4 normal buttons for such things as source plus 8 buttons saying Nav, Info, Car, Setup, Radio, Media, Name and Tel
I have jukebox so presumably the satnav is the HDD type as I also don't seem to have anything in the boot
I have Bluetooth phone connection and have successfully used with an iPhone 6

I have seen the head part the same as mine for sale on flea-bay described as MMI high 3g. I find this strange as surely the 3g refers to a data connection in the same way as my iPhone!!

At the moment the only thing I can't seem to do that I would have liked to do is show album art when playing songs from SD card.

I would also have liked to check if there are any firmware or nav updates available for my system but there seems little point until I know the system I have as these seem to be model specific.

I even wondered (as I'm fairly computer savvy) if there might be a hack available to force the album art to show even if it shouldn't out of the box, or perhaps other tips and tweaks that would make what is a lovely and enjoyable car even more enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for any input folks

Bob

Guest 2
26-12-2015, 01:21 PM
3G High for sure. 3G stands for 3rd generation, there was a 2nd and 1st gen wasn't really named 1st gen.

audijay73
31-12-2015, 12:10 AM
I have the same and I also was wondering if I can tweak it a bit like speed cam alert etc also to have reverse camera come up on screen

2010_Q5
04-01-2016, 12:01 PM
3G High for sure. 3G stands for 3rd generation, there was a 2nd and 1st gen wasn't really named 1st gen.

Many thanks Chris

Do you (or anyone else) know if it's possible to show the album artwork?

BTW I now have updated to the latest firmware and 2015/2016 maps.

Bob

dakdriver
06-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Hi Bob. I have managed to get the album art going, using google. What I cannot do is get the contact pictures to display.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

2010_Q5
06-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Hi Bob. I have managed to get the album art going, using google. What I cannot do is get the contact pictures to display.

Thanks Dakdriver

I suspect you must have tech pack (internet) which I don't have.

There isn't even a place for artwork on my screen, when a song plays it only shows text no generic artwork even!

What do you think?

Bob

dakdriver
07-01-2016, 07:47 AM
Nope, I have no internet. I think exactly the same as yours. You have to go into settings, and then tick "show track info", if I remember correctly. Once the track starts playing the view will change with thr album art available.

2010_Q5
07-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Nope, I have no internet. I think exactly the same as yours. You have to go into settings, and then tick "show track info", if I remember correctly. Once the track starts playing the view will change with thr album art available.

Hello Dakdriver

Yes I have show track info ticked too

I do have a window pop up as each song plays but it only contains the other metadata for the file not album art, and in fact there isn't even an area for the art or a generic image (like a note) as I've seen on many forums.

If anyone else has this working advise would be appreciated.

Bob