PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Tiguan parking sensor fault, garage have made it worse

Theredbaron
14-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Looking for a bit of advice. I have had my Tiguan for 3 years without any major issues.

3 weeks ago my local garage (not a main dealer) serviced my Tiguan. I have used them for MOT and normal servicing (2 cars) for the last 2 years without incident. I mentioned the parking sensors had stopped working. (Just a long 5 second bleep when you select reverse, no display on the radio, and the sensor light in front of the gearstick stays on solid). Their electrician had a look at it and said the sensors were all fine and he could fix it by bypassing the module...

£100 later I have the car back and the sensors are working fine. 3 days later they stop working and the same fault is back. The garage take the car back and fix it again... Funny old thing 3 days later they stop working again. To make matters worse, the handsfree phone system is not working now. It is as if the telephone system is not fitted as the phone menu does not now appear on the MFD. I'm not sure if the phone menu disappeared the first time they had a go at fixing it; as I only realised something wasn't right when someone called me when I was driving and my phone rang instead of the built in handsfree system.

looking back I wonder if I should have taken it to the main dealer but was scared off by the garage saying VW would charge over £500 to replace the module.

Any advice to what maybe wrong and possible cost to get it repaired properly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

dtmorgan
07-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Had a similar problem on my 12 plate Tiguan, it was fixed under warranty, but they initially said those symptoms could be caused by a low battery losing its charge. It didn't turn out to be that and they ended up taking off both bumpers and checking the wiring, sensors, etc. Put it back together and it's worked ever since.