PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 TDi Quattro Black Edition - RNS-E

Chillax2511
11-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Hi there,

I am new to the forums, but have been a lurker for a while with my last car being a 2002 Mk4 Golf.

However I have just picked up my 2012 Audi A3 TDi Quattro Black Edition this week and need to get my head around the RNS-E retrofit! I know there's 100s of threads out there, but with every car having a different spec I want to make sure I'm not spending close to £1000 on the wrong bits! I'm also the first to admit when it comes to electronics I am clueless - give me mechanicals any day!

Like I said I have the 2012 Audi A3 TDi Quattro Black Edition 170bhp with the Bose Sound system. It has no ipod connections and also (strangely) no AUX in or CD changer either. It has the concert double-din radio system and some form of bluetooth that runs off the MF steering wheel.

What I would like to do is retrofit the RNS-E into the car so I have Sat-Nav, and SD card slots (i am led to believe the unit has these?) for my music. Apart from the unit itself is there any additionals I need to purchase? Also would this affect the useage of the bluetooth?

Thanks in advance!

efunc
25-02-2016, 11:50 PM
I also have a Mk4 Golf, which I love, and a Mk2 TT. I've just fitted and RNSE to the TT. Bluetooth is entirely separate to the headunit and is either present or not. I would also consider fitting the AMI in the glovebox if you have an iPod. Great system when paired with the RNSE.

richball65
07-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Hi,

Did you manage to sort this?

Rich

efunc
07-03-2016, 11:44 PM
You need an adapter harness to plug it into the existing loom. You also need to code the ECU with VCDS to let it know you've installed RNSE. Bluetooth is unaffected, you'll just access it through the RNSE if you've already got it installed.