PDA

View Full Version : Golf GTI Edition 30 Question

chris_h_465
09-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can help? I am currently looking at buying the Edition 30 GTI however to my suprise VW don't offer a fully intergrated phone system that isn't a stick on lump of plastic at the side of the dash. Instead I am looking at the Parrot bluetooth system that can work with the multi function steering wheel but because I haven't yet driven the 30 (just the GTI) I don't know if it has a phone button. Parrot seem to imply it should have one or maybe even two phone buttons but I am having trouble confirming if this is the case on the 30. VW Customer Care can't even tell me and there isn't a 30 local to me that I can look at! :mad:

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Chris

SteveS
09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
i have the e30 but dont have any phone options...

Teflon
10-10-2007, 09:21 AM
I can't vouch for the Ed30, but it would be a pretty queer state of affairs if the buttons on the wheel are different to a GTI. I didn't go for the MFSW wheel, since the extra price for 2 telephone buttons was daylight robbery when I already had the flappy paddles on the normal wheel (I have DSG).

But I have fitted a Parrot CK3000 and the Parrot MultiCAN on an EOS (complete with pictures if I ever pull them together). The result is excellent - completely hidden and works seamlessly with the wheel. Better than Nokia kits I have fitted before. About £100 including all the cables and delivered in 24 hours.

Parrot do a common MultiCAN unit for Golf, EOS, Jetta, Passat so I can't see why things should be different with an Ed30.

Teflon

maxplanc@hotmai
10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
i just read in a motoring magazine that the mark 6 is due out soon so you should get a good deal on the ed30. check out drivethedeal.com for best prices and list of optional extras

roy

GOLFEDITION30
24-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can help? I am currently looking at buying the Edition 30 GTI however to my suprise VW don't offer a fully intergrated phone system that isn't a stick on lump of plastic at the side of the dash. Instead I am looking at the Parrot bluetooth system that can work with the multi function steering wheel but because I haven't yet driven the 30 (just the GTI) I don't know if it has a phone button. Parrot seem to imply it should have one or maybe even two phone buttons but I am having trouble confirming if this is the case on the 30. VW Customer Care can't even tell me and there isn't a 30 local to me that I can look at! :mad:

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

I've had my edition 30 for a month now and can confirm that the multi function steering wheel comes with 1 phone button. I've just bought a parrot kit to install but can't seem to find out much about integrating the parrot with the multi function steering wheel. I believe that the feed for that button is in the cam bus (can open, worms everywhere). Although I'm now not too bothered about getting the button to work it feels incomplete..