PDA

View Full Version : Headlight washers on A3

Trucker21
07-12-2015, 01:59 PM
1st post hope I'm in right place, recently I bought a audi s line A3 2013 and the other day a plastic cap from one of the headlight washers went missing, apparently someone has took it off and damaged washer clip and the cover only fastnes on one side of washer, so if I try and use washers I could lose cap again, how do I disable the washer so they don't come on, I don't want to pay another £50 for it replacing, appreciate any advice

Kar Krazy
07-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Have you got Xenon HID headlights? These are so bright that headlamp washers are a requirement for them, to avoid dirty lenses scattering the light and dazzling everyone else. So if you disable them, your car will probably fail the MOT.

Trucker21
07-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Yes I do have xenons and I appreciate what you say, if there was a fuse or clip to disable the motor in some way then I would fix back for mot, so thanks for your reply

Kar Krazy
07-12-2015, 03:45 PM
I commiserate with you that some thieving scum has taken part of your car and broken another part in the process, but it's rather saddening that your solution is to inflict pain and a possible accident on anyone else using the same road as you at night. Oh well, you are going to do what you are going to do, so far be it from me to interfere.

Trucker21
07-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Many thanks appreciate your comments

Oliver Head
14-03-2016, 03:00 PM
I believe it's an offence to have not operational/faulty headlight washers fitted and if stopped by the police would be the same as having a bald tyre - 3 points and a £60 fine.