PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to fit cruise control to 2.0TDi A3 8P model

craig2210
08-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me. I have just bought an Audi A3 2004 model (54 reg). I think it is the 8P model. I was just wondering what parts I needed and where I can buy them from. I had a 2001 Seat Leon MK1 before this and I fitted cruise control to that and found it very easy but someone told me that you can't use the same parts for the new A3 as it is different. I can see that when the factory fit it you get a seperate stalk for the cruise but the stalk I used on my Leon was was a complete unit comprising indicators, high beam and cruise. Can you use this on the new A3's. Any help and advice would be good guys plus if any one has a 'HOW TO' that would be good too but really all I need to know really is can i do it, how do I do it and where do I get the bits from.

Cheers guys

Boatboy1977
09-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I had cruise control fitted on my new A3 2.0 Tdi when I bought it. It wasn't done at the factory as the car was a limited run and you couldn't change it. But the dealers could fit it before I took delivery. They said that the wiring etc was in place and the stalk was plug and play. But they have to order a seperate stalk for the cruise control and a complete new cowling for the steering wheel to allow for the mounting etc... I think they charged me about £150 for it all. but that may have been discounted because I bought the car new from them and had a couple of other thins done. I'd see what they say.. other than that I'd go to VAG parts on the net..
Hope that helps.