PDA

View Full Version : AUDI A4 QUATTRO PROBLEM

jag
05-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Wonder if anyone can help me.?

Had a rumbling/vibration noise come from my front on side tyre. Took it to the garage who said that that it was my wheel bearing. After changing the wheel bearing I still got this sound. I then changed the tyre for my spare to check that it was not a tyre problem. Still got the noise.
Has anyone else had this problem, or know what it could be. ie ball joint or suspension. It does not interfere with the drive of the car, I just get this annoying sound when driving
The car is a Audi A4 Quattro 2001 model.

Cheers
Jag

Jaimie129
08-08-2006, 03:26 AM
I have the same noise in my front right. I thought it was a nail. Same thing, I changed the tire and everything. No shop seems to know what it is.

Though one of my friends told me that they think it is the control arms or something in the front suspension. Sounds expensive to me.

markcass
21-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Hi there

I was just wondering if you have found out the cause of the noise on your car as i have the same noise and need some advice on what to do?

Cheers Mark

RickT
21-01-2007, 02:11 AM
does this occur at a certain speed>??

wheel bearings normally get loud at about 50MPH and fade out at about 80MPH...

Cheers

RicKT

Jaimie129
21-01-2007, 02:29 AM
I have not found out the problem. It still makes the noise. Mine does it at low speeds and of course at high speed just sounds like loud road noise.

As close as I got is a tech recently refused to do an alignment on my Audi b/c the tie rods were bad. I did not have them changed because that was just a tire store, I am going to eventually take it to the Audi dealership and get their opinion.

I wish I knew, it is quite bothersome.

RickT
21-01-2007, 02:44 AM
its not the caliper on the disc is it?

RickT