PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of changing from A6 3.0tdi to new S3

zulfario
27-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Hi guys

Just wondering if I can have some opinions in I have been offered a deal on a new S3 but I currently drive a 3.0tdi 64 plate

What's everyone's thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefinspector
27-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Go for it. I came from an A4 3.0 TDi to an S3 and it is a brilliant car. Sometimes miss the size of the A4 as the S3's boot is rather small but for actual driving the S3 wins hands down.

zulfario
27-11-2015, 02:08 PM
I've used man maths to convince myself however she who must be obeyed is concerned with lack of space for 2 young children!!

chiefinspector
27-11-2015, 03:41 PM
I've got 2 young kids (ages 4 & 2). As long as you get the sportback version there is enough room in the back for them. The boot is a bit small as stated previously and getting the pram in & out can be a bit frustrating but the sheer pleasure of driving the thing more than makes up for this!!!

zulfario
27-11-2015, 03:44 PM
I think that's going to be the problem it's the 3 door version will have to see what I think going for a test drive today/tomorrow will keep you posted cheers for the advice!!

zulfario
29-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Sticking with the a6 for now the s3 was amazing to drive however just a bit small inside for the Mrs hopefully look for an rs4 estate [emoji3]

Hellodave.
04-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Sticking with the a6 for now the s3 was amazing to drive however just a bit small inside for the Mrs hopefully look for an rs4 estate [emoji3]

We have an S3 sportback and an A6 avant. Obviously the A6 is a lot bigger but the S3 is much more fun to drive and a child fits in fine.

Reasons to convince the other half to get an S3:

Kids (well mine anyway) enjoy "zooming". This is more easily achieved in an S3.
The S3 is shorter than an A6, therefore doesn't stick out of parking spaces
The S3 is narrower than the A6, so you can open your doors after you've parked
The smaller boot will save you money because you can't buy as much stuff
The reduced rear legroom means you can reach your children from the front seat more easily (to pickup toys/food etc)

Simple :)