PDA

View Full Version : Adblue Range for New Q7

san1234
26-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Hi,
I suddenly got a message on the dashboard to the effect "Refill 6L of Adblue, Range 1,500miles" when I reached 3,000miles on the clock. At each start of enginine this started coming up and i got a adblue 5Litre can and filled it up. But the message didnot go away. I have drove further 500 miles and it didnot reset the message, but as i drove the range keep lowering by 100 miles and i was getting scared of breaking down when it ran out. So I bought another 5L and topped it up and still nothing happened. So i bought a 10L can and held it to find it will overflow any minute, but the 10L also happily disappeared into the hole. That is Total 20L and I cannot see any sign still its going to overflow.

However when i turned the ignition after that, the Range suddenly turned to 3500Miles and then the message just turned off. So what was that message about asking to ad 6L !

Anyway this probably means I have to topup 20L of Adblue at every 3500 miles? My Merc (new C Class) i only had to add adblue once, only at 15,000 miles ( I dont know how many litres they filled it with, as dealer did it for me for free).

On another note, the brochure says the combined mileage is 49mpg, At 3,500 miles i have driven, the computer calculates it only at 32Mpg. Bit too low to expectations? Or has VW being rigging something else too ? :)

Any thoughts Please?
Cheers
San

Nemo78
27-11-2015, 06:10 AM
Hey San, someone else I know with the new Q also had the AdBlue warning flash up at 3k miles. Didn't someone write somewhere or maybe I read the AdBlue tank is something like 24L? However I may just have dreamt that...

Re mpg mine has been mainly town driving and always low 20s if not high teens! That's on par with my outgoing S5 [emoji23]

Motorway only had a couple of journeys and high 30s achievable. Hoping this all improves with time but yes way off the claimed mpg (but those numbers are unachievable)

Q7newbie
27-11-2015, 01:38 PM
hi, the adblue tank on the new Q7 is a "minimum of 24litres" according to my dealer when he looked it up in the mechanical specs level.
As for the MPG, Unless you drive with Al your seals and gaps taped up and never rev above 1500rpm and never drive above 46mph the real world MPG of a car will never exceed reaching within 75% of a manufacturers claims.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Jwjaudi
13-12-2015, 07:19 PM
I got my message at 2500 miles, and it warned me of 2000 to go, but this didnt change over the next 500 miles.
I put 15 l in mine, and message disappeared.

san1234
14-12-2015, 12:38 PM
I went to dealer and asked the question while I took the car to take a look at some other issues. The Q7 technician said they have checked the spec and my one is definitely 12Ltr Tank and they said they topped up 5l and its now fully topped up. Then I told them I have poured 20l last week myself, then the technicians stern voice volume down to a whisper and said in that case it bust be 24l tank. I seriously think the technicians at dealers are no difference they just seem to throw anything at customers. I don't have any confidence at them at all.

Anyway I have more confidence in this forum, I Agee with Q7Newbie , mine should be 24l. So could be yours too. I also think its possible they originally poured 12l thinking its 12l tank and that's probably why we get the message at so low mileages, lets see when we get the next message we will know for sure.

deano179
15-12-2015, 12:23 AM
I found out with my A6 that when filling up with Adblue you have to put a minimum of 5.7 litres in otherwise the computer won't register it. This is probably why the onboard warning message asks for 6 litres. Seems like this is going to drink double the Adblue in the Q7 over the A6 Ultra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stonestokie
20-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Yes so I had the message about 3500 miles and put in about 12lt. This is slightly worse than my a6 ultra previously. But will see how that progresses!. On a long motorway run I can get 41mpg but typically I am getting around 32-35mpg

L3nnox
20-12-2015, 10:13 AM
ADBLUE: I had to add circa 15L to our A6 Ultra at about 8k. My question is, does the car come full of ad blue from the manufacturer?? Do they like fuel, put in the bare minimum to get the car out of the door?? Only done 3k since and the car goes back soon but I'm ordering anA6 BITDI so concerned that is going to devour the Adblue. Saying that it is only £15-20 for 20L so a bit of a storm in a teacup...

MPG: Re the OPs fuel consumption woes I can relate this to our X5 35d, combined was something like mid 30's but no matter how we drive it you got circa 24mpg. Closer to 30 on the motorway but any blast down a slip road and the average crashed.

stonestokie
20-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Good question!, not sure to be honest, you would hope they fill
It but as you say after low mileage and requiring that would suggest not!. I will keep you posted to see when the warning comes back!

Nemo78
01-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Noticed today my range of 2000 for AdBlue...so that means roughly 4K miles for AdBlue top up similar to others by the looks of it

Big_D_80
06-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Just had my ad blue topped up by dealer at 3000 miles. They did it for free because they said it should be OK to 7-8k miles. Not 3k.

Nemo78
09-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Just came across this

Fixed Price AdBlue Refill | Lookers Audi (http://www.lookers.co.uk/audi/servicing-parts-offers/fixed-price-adblue-refill/)

Presume this is an Audi wide offer rather than just lookers - however haven't found on Audi site as yet but £1.50/L isn't too bad

Papereyes
25-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Is it confirmed if you have a standard 75litre tank you only get 12litre capacity for adblue?

Gyro
25-04-2016, 08:50 AM
I've not got my Q yet, but with my X5, it takes 8.5 litres to fill the tank - sounds like the Q7 has a much bigger Ad Blue tank! I get nowhere near the range I should from a full tank of Ad Blue either and I don't know anyone who has, in any make of car. It's supposed to last between services (I think), but I got about 5,000 miles before mine ran out (again, for my X5).

It's a similar story with the quoted mpg, in my experience it never gets close to the quoted figure (maybe my right foot contributes a bit to that!), you'd probably need to drive at 50 mph in 8th gear, in a vacuum, to get close to the quoted figure. Some people say that as the car gets "worn in", the mpg should improve?

Nemo78
25-04-2016, 09:29 AM
My guess is yes it's a 12L tank, my (old Q7) had first refill at c3.5k miles. New warning saying refill in 2k miles came on at 4.8k miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andyhud007
25-04-2016, 10:27 AM
My refill (and I have normal 75l main tank) warning came on after I had done about 1500 miles. It said refill in next 2000 miles (so 3500 in total). I got dealer to top it up when it went in for a check up FOC. My understanding is it should last until about 8000 miles?

srbsq7
25-04-2016, 11:02 AM
I had a look on here and there is a Shell with an Adblue pump near me - FindAdBlue.com - Home Page (http://www.findadblue.com/). According to one article I found, price should be similar to the price of diesel.

Skippy73
25-04-2016, 12:48 PM
So I assume by the comments above that there is no way of checking how much adblue you have? I take delivery of my Q7 in less than 2 weeks and it would be good to check how much is in it from delivery.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gyro
25-04-2016, 01:47 PM
So I assume by the comments above that there is no way of checking how much adblue you have? I take delivery of my Q7 in less than 2 weeks and it would be good to check how much is in it from delivery.

There should be an option in one of the MMI menus that will tell you - not got my Q yet so not 100% sure, hopefully someone can confirm, but in my X5 there is an option that tells you how much you have left In the tank and the resulting range, and the volume required to brim the tank.

Nemo78
25-04-2016, 01:50 PM
There should be an option in one of the MMI menus that will tell you - not got my Q yet so not 100% sure, hopefully someone can confirm, but in my X5 there is an option that tells you how much you have left In the tank and the resulting range, and the volume required to brim the tank.

Unfortunately not - first we know is when the warning pop ups

Gyro
25-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Unfortunately not - first we know is when the warning pop ups

Surprised at that TBH

Skippy73
25-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Interesting read. Halfway in the article it talks about adblue and servicing. Audi don't fill the adblue on delivery.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/living-with-it/audi-q7-suv/audi-q7-30-tdi-quattro-s-line-5d-tip-auto/

Nemo78
25-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Interesting read. Halfway in the article it talks about adblue and servicing. Audi don't fill the adblue on delivery.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/living-with-it/audi-q7-suv/audi-q7-30-tdi-quattro-s-line-5d-tip-auto/

Good article overall...I've never been able to shut my boot using the key fob or interns boot switch (but that's off topic)

Thing I don't get even if they don't fill, why after another 3.5k miles would I have needed a refill if that makes sense?

I was also told that the car usage after first couple of fills settles down...not sure if this is true but will find out soon enough...

Skippy73
25-04-2016, 05:56 PM
I think it is just like the fuel tank you only get a small amount of fuel on delivery. So Audi only put a small amount of adblue in the tank to get you going. 3k down the road and the warning light comes on. Once you fill it completely the first time it should last then between services. I am just going to fill mine the moment I get the car and then I know it will be fine until its first service.

Papereyes
25-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Know it sounds silly but is adblue the same across the board I.e no difference between one brand and another

Skippy73
25-04-2016, 06:42 PM
I believe they are all the same, but if audi are selling them at £1.50 per Litre that's where I will get mine from

JMB7
25-04-2016, 10:35 PM
My original Q7 (with 85 litre tank) had done exactly 5001 miles when it was last dropped off at the dealers, no adblue warning had shown and I never added any. It had been in a few times previously but they never mentioned refilling adblue.
The courtesy Q7 I had,the refill warning popped up at just over 3000 miles on the clock. This one didn't have the 85 litre fuel tank.

Nemo78
25-04-2016, 10:37 PM
My original Q7 (with 85 litre tank) had done exactly 5001 miles when it was last dropped off at the dealers, no adblue warning had shown and I never added any. It had been in a few times previously but they never mentioned refilling adblue.
The courtesy Q7 I had,the refill warning popped up at just over 3000 miles on the clock. This one didn't have the 85 litre fuel tank.

In theory this works as the 85L has a 24L AdBlue tank...so purely on double AdBlue tank I'd have expected the original Q to warn you around 5.5k for a full up around 7-7.5k?

In my head anyway [emoji23]

Diver Bryn
28-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Just done 7000 mile in my 2016 Q7 272BHP SE I am averaging one litre of Ad Blue every 315 miles!! My friend in A8 same engine the same average...

Skippy73
28-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Wow that is interesting. Going to have to keep Adblue stocked lol

Papereyes
28-04-2016, 03:17 PM
That's a shocker. diver do you have the standard fuel tank. Sounds like the extended tank to get the 24l adblue might be a good option to get.

maxw
28-04-2016, 06:12 PM
After reading this I thought I'd look into this
contacted the Audi dealer I got my car from and was told they don't fill Adblue as part of the PDI
so I thought I'd rather have a full take to get me through till the first service
so pop in my local Audi dealer today and they charge £7.50 per 5 litres
they took car to fill and only got 6 litres in it
ive only done 700 miles so far so must of been nearly full from the factory so seems it changers from car to car

m

Diver Bryn
29-04-2016, 05:05 PM
I have the optional 85ltr diesel tank. Not that this makes any difference to Ad blue consumption.. Just topped up this morning another litre. Averaging 340 miles to a litre of Ad - Blue.
Do not wait to become unstuck with the Audi warning light buy 10 ltrs from Audi @ £13.03p and just top up monthly...TRhere is a handy gravity pump kit that makes this a very easy process to fill..

maxw
29-04-2016, 09:22 PM
I've done 800 miles now since new and it took 6 litres

cost me just over £7 but for that I didn't lift a finger thanks to Audi Ipswich and the blue was on there hands and fingers for that not mine lol
least I know the tank is full now

M

srbsq7
30-04-2016, 03:17 PM
I had a look on here and there is a Shell with an Adblue pump near me - FindAdBlue.com - Home Page (http://www.findadblue.com/). According to one article I found, price should be similar to the price of diesel.

Quoting my own post!

On the way back from the dealer I popped into the Shell Petrol station near me that showed up on this site. They have an adblue pump and it's only 80p per litre. Only downside is its next to the truck diesel pumps!

A7_UFO
01-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Quoting my own post!

On the way back from the dealer I popped into the Shell Petrol station near me that showed up on this site. They have an adblue pump and it's only 80p per litre. Only downside is its next to the truck diesel pumps!

For that price, I guess the only question is whether there is a significant difference in quality.

Skippy73
01-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Quoting my own post!

The only thing is adblue in heavy vehicles has been around for a while and I would wonder if the adblue for trucks is different.

The other thing is that the pumps in trucks tend to be high power pumps because their tanks can be 100s of litres. So I'd be worried that the adblue pump for the trucks is also high powered and difficult to control for the small amount that I will be topping up with.

Couple of 1 litre anti spill containers will do me and I will keep 5 litres at home.

srbsq7
01-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Given the proximity, I would be surprised if my local Audi wasn't sourcing it from there anyway. Air1 seems to be a reputable supplier from what I can see. I'll find out later this month whether the pump power is an issue!

dghdgh
01-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Given the proximity, I would be surprised if my local Audi wasn't sourcing it from there anyway. Air1 seems to be a reputable supplier from what I can see. I'll find out later this month whether the pump power is an issue!
When you can get 20lts off eBay delivered for around 18 pound Audi will be beating the pump price and not passing the savings onto us.

srbsq7
01-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Just flicking through this old thread as my Adblue warning came up today. I've got the 12l adblue tank and got a 1500 mile warning after 2200 miles so looks to be similar to Andy and nowhere near 8000 miles!

Question is, do I go to the dealer to top up or chance the cheaper pump option at the local motorway service station.....

maxw
02-10-2016, 04:36 AM
I've done 3000 miles now and all is ok

but at the start back in April I was worried about this as most have said it's not topped up as part of the pedi check
some dealer will check and top up from new and some dont
i asked my dealer and they didn't know so I got them to top it up
it took 6 litres so clearly wasn't full from new

from what I've read the prices seem to vary from dealer to dealer

but as far as I know and my local Audi dealer charge £1.25 per litre so was charged £7.50

from what I see of the mercanic blue stained hands I'm glad they filled it up

but I'm sure Audi dealers should only charge £1.25 per litre if not challenge them
and they should fill for free unless they are really being mean

sure you can buy from eBay or most petrol stations but there £1.25 or even more per litre so worth trying Audi first

M

ps sorry for repeating this was ages ago and didn't know I'd already posted till looking back

Nemo78
02-10-2016, 07:02 AM
Audi have a fixed price on this now if you get them to do it. I had the warning come on around 2k miles, but car had been in for some reason or other and I can only assume they filled it as I never saw the warning again.

On the wife's car I ended up buying the hose and 2 x 10l containers of AdBlue from dealers. Got some discount but can't for the life of me remember how much I paid now.

Pretty simple process to fill - just hook container to car and make sure the adblue container higher up so using the gravity effect to fillhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161002/dd8aef1d9c0805224d6da1ce1e87fa40.jpg

Think I used a brick under the container after a while to prop the back part up

srbsq7
02-10-2016, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys. I might have a drive up to the petrol station and have a look at the pump. I know it's not much of a saving but more the principle of paying Audi £1.25 per litre when I think the pump is c.50p.

dghdgh
02-10-2016, 08:33 AM
I am sure I paid about 65p per litre at my local bp. The young girl girl behind the pump remarked she had never took payment for that pump before.lol
Outside the door to the garage was a stack of 5lt bottle for around £12 for anyone who fancies doing it themselves. Expensive yes but the cheapest I found buying off forecourt was £18 for 20lt I will let you do the maths, but I know who won.

t1sh
04-10-2016, 07:40 AM
Just be careful while you are filing up not to spill AdBlue on the paintwork as it will damage it.
If this happens then clean quickly with plenty of water.

srbsq7
04-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I went to fill up at the truck pump but there was a queue of a dozen lorries so bailed and went to the forecourt. They were doing 10l containers for £13 so went for it and followed the Nemo method but with the cheap hose that came with it.

Wasn't too hard and only spilt a little on the bin but I can see how it could damage the paint if left to do its thing!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161004/79975d1aa5608ed209265e05638965db.jpg

I managed to almost empty the whole 10l in the 12l tank so I assume there can't have been that much in there to start with given the 2k miles I've done since new.

Nemo78
04-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Defo worth buying the Audi hose think it retails for about £8 but you'll get discount on that.

The AdBlue from Audi I think was just around the same price as srbsq7's post above. But again you can always haggle.

The bin picture had me worried when I saw it a thumbnail [emoji15]

srbsq7
04-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Defo worth buying the Audi hose think it retails for about £8 but you'll get discount on that.

The AdBlue from Audi I think was just around the same price as srbsq7's post above. But again you can always haggle.

The bin picture had me worried when I saw it a thumbnail [emoji15]

Will look into that.

Oh yes, it does look line I'd somewhat tarnished a Daytona grey panel doesn't it!!

andyhud007
05-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Will look into that.

Oh yes, it does look line I'd somewhat tarnished a Daytona grey panel doesn't it!!

Nemo, you got a part number/code for the Hose? Can't find it on the system. Ta

Andy

Edit: Ebay here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Vw-Audi-AdBlue-Filling-Hose-Kit-for-5L-10L-Bottles-Sharan-Crafter-/161481367485)

Nemo78
05-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Nemo, you got a part number/code for the Hose? Can't find it on the system. Ta

Andy

Edit: Ebay here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Vw-Audi-AdBlue-Filling-Hose-Kit-for-5L-10L-Bottles-Sharan-Crafter-/161481367485)

Cool you found it, if not I have it in boot of wife's car...also it only cost me £6 from dealers so eBay is a no no for anyone tempted

andyhud007
05-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Cool you found it, if not I have it in boot of wife's car...also it only cost me £6 from dealers so eBay is a no no for anyone tempted

Yup, just ordered. they have them on the shelf. £7. Thanks Nemo

Andy

Papereyes
05-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Can your share part number might grab a set tomorrow

srbsq7
05-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Looks like you can order here:

Audi AdBlue Filling Hose - 000012499 - Stoke Audi Parts (http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/Audi-AdBlue-Filling-Hose-%252d-000012499.html)

maxw
11-10-2016, 11:53 PM
After reading this I thought I'd look into this
contacted the Audi dealer I got my car from and was told they don't fill Adblue as part of the PDI
so I thought I'd rather have a full take to get me through till the first service
so pop in my local Audi dealer today and they charge £7.50 per 5 litres
they took car to fill and only got 6 litres in it
ive only done 700 miles so far so must of been nearly full from the factory so seems it changers from car to car

m

Wow here we go again
just clocked up 4000 miles and adblue pops up with the 1500 miles to go add at least 6L

so looks like from the last fill post it's top up every 3300 miles bit shocking as I thought I would prob get 10k befor fill up

im guessing this changes a bit depending on motorway miles town miles etc
i mainly do A roads and drive 60 mile trips a time ave speed I guess is between 50-70mph and small amount of town stuff and motorway miles

M

dghdgh
12-10-2016, 07:49 AM
I topped up the ad blue before setting off to Spain and off the top of my head I got about 4lts in at around 1700 miles on the clock. The day I got off the boat up pops the warning, I had covered circa 4k in the car and I got another 8lts in.
So its using a full 12lt tank in 4k!

srbsq7
12-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Not a big issue for me with the miles I do but do regret not ticking the 85l upgrade option as it wasn't that much from memory?

dghdgh
12-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Totally agree on both points. I got around 34mpg on the trip which I was quite pleased with as my garage is now my wine cellar.

t1sh
12-10-2016, 09:31 AM
I bought 20l and filled up! So far after 13000km is fine.

maxw
12-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Not a big issue for me with the miles I do but do regret not ticking the 85l upgrade option as it wasn't that much from memory?

Same here reallly least I would of prob reached a year then

have read the for each 1.5 liters of adblue used you will cover around 320 miles roughly

M

maxw
13-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Just topped up the adblue today and brought the genuine hose as per above and stuck the container on the wheelie bin
bit slow but you can just leave it
reason it's slow is due to letting air out while filling

after having the 1500 mile warning I put back in 8 liters

is this about right for others others who had filled up from the 1500 mile warning?

if you are going to fill up your self I'd def recommend getting the proper genuine fill hose as per above

M

srbsq7
13-10-2016, 09:41 PM
I will be purchasing the genuine hose for next time. I used the freebie that came with it and I had a few instances where I was worried the end would ping out at spray Adblue into my face! Given what it did to my bin I don't think that would be good.

I did less than 100 miles after the warning popped up and I managed to get almost all of the 10l in to my 12l tank. I've maybe got 500ml left?

I will give the pump a shot next time...

dghdgh
13-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Thats what I got in.

maxw
13-10-2016, 10:23 PM
I def couldn't get all 10L in
it seem to stop flowing at 8L then I lowered the bottle down and a bit ran back in the bottle so I'm sure it was full

the proper hose is the way to go though had no leaks drips nothing genuine hose was £7

The only thing that put me off a pump as only know of truck filling stations and sure you need a fuel card?
thanks guys

M

maxw
05-11-2016, 02:47 AM
Guys have a real mind boggler for you and can't get me head round this and not sure there is an answer
even the tech guy is scratching his head

i had a fault of car cutting out back in Aug no warning light no nothing did it the once and not since
anyway
car went on Monday to have the rear seat mod done plus a string of other things
when tech guy plug in it had a fault code and needed a new ad blue pump and tank to fix the cutting out fault
tech guy said car prob went into limp home mode due to pump

anyway as above 3 weeks ago I top up the ad blue tank when the 1500 warning came up on dash
so filled up 8L to full and was def full
i never opted for the bigger 24L tank and bare in mind I only put back 8L

when the tech guy went to remove tank he was shocked it was full as he never knew I'd filled it lol Sod's law hey

anyway once removed and drained a new tank was fitted and to fill up the tank took 25L so I was told
same size tank was re fitted
so working on the 8L plus the 1500 miles left on warning at most inc what should be left your talking 12L-13L if 15L tank gives 2-3L spare

but this 25L tank your talking 12-13L spare so don't sound right

or you could think ok maybe my car had the extra bigger 24L tank but if that's the case surly when I got the warning I'd of put back in Around 20L ish very strange only being able to use under half the tank

and just to confirm tech guy said tank was full before it was drained so I had filled it to the top

just thought I'd share this finding

the only other thing left is a false low 1500 warning

Nemo78
05-11-2016, 08:17 AM
How very very strange...sounds like you had the bigger AdBlue tank?

Is that though not only mated to the bigger fuel tank as well or are they now available independently of each other

maxw
05-11-2016, 02:08 PM
It would seem I have a bigger tank
but not a bigger tank I can use as only get around 3000 miles befor warning come up so very strange

t1sh
05-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Interesring! While my had 2000km on the clock. I bought 20l and filled up the ad blue tank. Car has 15000km and all good so far no warming

t1sh
12-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Ok! I should not have written anything! :)
Just after 15000km got to fill up 6l of AdBlue! Still have 2400km to go though.
So I would say 24l is good for about 16-17kkm or around 1000miles at least with mine driving

ragebe
17-11-2016, 05:00 PM
I thought AdBlue was little more than pigs' urine. 32.5% urea and 67.5% distilled water. The Official Website for Volkswagen UK : Volkswagen UK (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk) Urea isn't really an acid (in the way uric acid actually is an acid) so I'm surprised there's a risk of damaging paintwork. I've put about 30 litres of AdBlue in my car in the last 4-months; only ever used the hose that came with the containers; spilt it down the car and not wiped it off and the paintwork is fine.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

srbsq7
01-05-2017, 08:28 PM
1500m warning popped up this afternoon just as I was approaching a Shell garage so grabbed a 10l container.

So much easier this time using the recommended Audi hose. No leakage at all.

Looking at my previous post, it seems I'm getting 3,200m from 10l of adblue which seems to be at the low end of what people are getting but I mainly do town driving and less than 30mpg on average.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170501/04442f27a532a04a715cf167fa4cee2b.jpg

maxw
01-05-2017, 08:33 PM
1500m warning popped up this afternoon just as I was approaching a Shell garage so grabbed a 10l container.

So much easier this time using the recommended Audi hose. No leakage at all.

Looking at my previous post, it seems I'm getting 3,200m from 10l of adblue which seems to be at the low end of what people are getting but I mainly do town driving and less than 30mpg on average.

How many miles have you done now?
Are you coming up to a year or over a year since you had it?

Your right about the Audi genuine hose so much more easy to fill

They say if you drive in efficient mode it uses more add blue
But not sure if this is true mind

M

srbsq7
01-05-2017, 08:39 PM
I've done 5,450m. 1 year will be the 21/5 so very low mileage this year, as I've worked from home way more than usual!

maxw
01-05-2017, 08:45 PM
I've done 5,450m. 1 year will be the 21/5 so very low mileage this year, as I've worked from home way more than usual!

Yeah very low miles mine was year old end of march
Had done just under 8,000 miles

Guy at Audi was telling me about a a car that was towed in that had ran out of add blue

He couldn't understand how the guy even went that far as all the pings and alarms going off must of drove him mad
And bare in mind he did 1,500 miles with the warnings going off
Lol some people hey?

Papereyes
01-05-2017, 09:59 PM

I've done 3400m and got the warning just now it was a full 12l from the start.

maxw
01-05-2017, 10:00 PM
I've done 3400m and got the warning just now it was a full 12l from the start.

Trouble is from new you never know if the dealer filled the tank fully on a pdi but 3500 miles seem the norm

Papereyes
01-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Trouble is from new you never know if the dealer filled the tank fully on a pdi but 3500 miles seem the norm

Specially asked dealer to top up to 12 litres. Then again asked them to change to yearly service and they forgot.

Nemo78
01-05-2017, 10:55 PM

Oooh stepping it up a notch with a bucket too [emoji5][emoji1360]

srbsq7
01-05-2017, 11:26 PM
[emoji3] needed the extra height to get it flowing. Tried lowering the rear but wasn't enough!

JMB7
06-05-2017, 08:57 AM
I recently ran the adblue to zero (had 10 litres in boot but kept putting it off).
The warnings get progressively worse until it hits zero and then it also starts routinely beeping extremely loudly and also takes over the heads up display in the windscreen with a huge red adblue symbol. Filled it up then :)

Nemo78
06-05-2017, 08:58 AM
I recently ran the adblue to zero (had 10 litres in boot but kept putting it off).
The warnings get progressively worse until it hits zero and then it also starts routinely beeping extremely loudly and also takes over the heads up display in the windscreen with a huge red adblue symbol. Filled it up then :)

Long time no see!!

Impressive that the HUD carries the warning as well.

satyp
07-05-2017, 03:30 PM
Will make it a point to update here even mine flashes here..

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

satyp
07-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Anyone using the so called 24L Adblue tanks?

wolek76
07-05-2017, 06:10 PM
I got one certainly...
I think when I got the warning I was around 8000 miles and delibatery drove it down to minimum (there was a level gauge in mmi).
once I reached the last dash on the gauge I filled it up with 20l of adblue
So it's a definitive "yes"

satyp
07-05-2017, 06:12 PM
I got one certainly...
I think when I got the warning I was around 8000 miles and delibatery drove it down to minimum (there was a level gauge in mmi).
once I reached the last dash on the gauge I filled it up with 20l of adblue
So it's a definitive "yes"
Awsome to hear, we are @5k ish .. so will look out as per yours & def update here to build a historic-ish reference point [emoji6]

maxw
07-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Awsome to hear, we are @5k ish .. so will look out as per yours & def update here to build a historic-ish reference point [emoji6]

Be interesting to hear how far you go as the std size tank seem to do 3,500-4,000 miles

so would be good if it's 8,000 with the bigger tank mind this depends if the dealer filled to the top on the pdi mind

nbedford
07-05-2017, 06:43 PM
My car spec has 85l fuel tank + 24l adblue tank. I bought used with 12K on the clock and adblue was specifically highlighted on the audi approved used checklist. I'm just coming up to 20k and no warning yet. So a 24l tank can definitely do 8k. Based on this thread, I'm expecting the warning anytime, so I'll let you all know when it comes on.

satyp
07-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Be interesting to hear how far you go as the std size tank seem to do 3,500-4,000 miles

so would be good if it's 8,000 with the bigger tank mind this depends if the dealer filled to the top on the pdi mind
True.. might take upto 16ork or 24k to see an optimal graph I guess [emoji2]

satyp
07-05-2017, 06:52 PM
My car spec has 85l fuel tank + 24l adblue tank. I bought used with 12K on the clock and adblue was specifically highlighted on the audi approved used checklist. I'm just coming up to 20k and no warning yet. So a 24l tank can definitely do 8k. Based on this thread, I'm expecting the warning anytime, so I'll let you all know when it comes on.
So I guess 8k it is... business and sales manager at the time reckoned 10k on questions.. , consensus makes sense after all [emoji6]

Papereyes
10-05-2017, 11:44 PM
What's the going price for adblue in the shops? Spoke to my dealer who says it's now 1.50 a litre to have them fill it up for me

srbsq7
10-05-2017, 11:51 PM
What's the going price for adblue in the shops? Spoke to my dealer who says it's now 1.50 a litre to have them fill it up for me

I think I paid closer to £10 thank £15 for the 10l container at Shell. You do really need to invest in the proper VAG hose too as the flimsy one that comes with them is not good!

maxw
11-05-2017, 12:44 AM
For me

£1 per litre from Audi and they fill it for you FOC
and I think
and £7 per 5 litre from s vw dealer

Nemo78
11-05-2017, 06:32 AM
Apparently my dealer now tops up AdBlue FOC if the cars with them for any reason....

I've had it done twice and remember when I was buying some AdBlue for wife's car and querying it with them, they said if we have the car in for service, fault etc in the workshop we just top them up FOC....

MikeRoelofs
11-05-2017, 12:11 PM
For me the message occurred at 6850 km and i drove on until it lasted 650 km of adblue.
I fueled adblue at a regular adblue pump. Flowed in nice and slow for 22.33 litres.
Do not top off like with fuel to prevent unwanted spilling.

Mike

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170511/a8a86bc62181f461cff82b4569208536.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170511/d006cb7208d002e9823befec6a846ec7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170511/732186570f88d18e9ecc39949211d722.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

srbsq7
11-05-2017, 04:57 PM
I've been tempted to use the truck pump but someone put me off as the flow might be too quick. Didn't really want to end up covered in the stuff [emoji23]

MikeRoelofs
11-05-2017, 05:28 PM
I've been tempted to use the truck pump but someone put me off as the flow might be too quick. Didn't really want to end up covered in the stuff [emoji23]

I did think the same at first so tried carefully pressing on the nozzle. But... it flows really slow. 22 liters took ages [emoji1]
Only thing is that it is in the truck lane most of the times so i use a small station here nearby.

Papereyes
16-05-2017, 10:28 AM
So Got my tanked filled up to full by Audi using up 10litres (have the 12l tank) and it was 3400 miles on the clock so this works out around 340miles per liter

maxw
16-05-2017, 10:12 PM
So Got my tanked filled up to full by Audi using up 10litres (have the 12l tank) and it was 3400 miles on the clock so this works out around 340miles per liter

How much is Audi charging per litre ?

thanks for into

MikeRoelofs
25-05-2017, 12:02 PM
I think it is on topic here : anyone has the Adblue range display in MMI ?
In my car it is (was) not visible, tried an adaptation for that with VCDS and now the menu is visible, but it is not retrieving the level and says initializing.

Nemo78
25-05-2017, 12:06 PM
I think it is on topic here : anyone has the Adblue range display in MMI ?
In my car it is (was) not visible, tried an adaptation for that with VCDS and now the menu is visible, but it is not retrieving the level and says initializing.

I've read the same on another forum with just initialising coming up on MMI

MikeRoelofs
25-05-2017, 12:34 PM
I've read the same on another forum with just initialising coming up on MMI

Strange. Especially as they did create an image for it. Why don't they just show it off [emoji1]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170525/bd9d4485b42c794152de493d9eda9877.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170525/e5e1b3e32ce9249692db6b1f7c4d5462.jpg

satyp
26-05-2017, 02:12 PM
So Adblue refill kicked in at @ 5400 miles..

App seems to suggest to wait for 1500miles when it could be a little late..as opposed fill nowhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170526/b93213fabd66b8ab6c16b4b6ab94b963.jpg

ragebe
27-05-2017, 12:41 PM
For me the message occurred at 6850 km and i drove on until it lasted 650 km of adblue.
I fueled adblue at a regular adblue pump. Flowed in nice and slow for 22.33 litres.
Do not top off like with fuel to prevent unwanted spilling.

Mike

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170511/a8a86bc62181f461cff82b4569208536.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170511/d006cb7208d002e9823befec6a846ec7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170511/732186570f88d18e9ecc39949211d722.jpg

That looks to be about £0.83 per litre, considerably cheaper that UK prices (NL price about 75% of UK price)

MikeRoelofs
27-05-2017, 06:49 PM
That looks to be about £0.83 per litre, considerably cheaper that UK prices (NL price about 75% of UK price)

Even £0,63 when I do the math ;-)

ragebe
28-05-2017, 09:08 AM
I added the 21% VAT/BTW on to the 0.725 then did my exchange rate. Should've looked more closely and realised it was in the first totaal line. That may be cheaper than Luxembourg
Chart of fuel prices in Luxembourg - myLPG.eu (https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/luxembourg/prices)

ahin4114
08-08-2017, 03:44 PM
My AdBlue warning came on the other day for the first time. I was a little miffed as I've only done 3000 miles in the car and the dealer was supposed to have filled the AdBlue reservoir when I bought it. I picked up two 10l bottles up from the bay for about £16, and the genuine VW hose for filling the tank (made life pretty easy and spill free) and she just swallowed all 20l! I will mention it to the dealer when we next speak as I had to fill up the washer fluid myself after practically 0 use during the summer months. I reckon she is pretty much full now, and has the 24l tank, so will monitor usage from here on, but thought I would post in case people were interested.

nbedford
08-08-2017, 04:18 PM
My AdBlue warning came on the other day for the first time. I was a little miffed as I've only done 3000 miles in the car and the dealer was supposed to have filled the AdBlue reservoir when I bought it. I picked up two 10l bottles up from the bay for about £16, and the genuine VW hose for filling the tank (made life pretty easy and spill free) and she just swallowed all 20l! I will mention it to the dealer when we next speak as I had to fill up the washer fluid myself after practically 0 use during the summer months. I reckon she is pretty much full now, and has the 24l tank, so will monitor usage from here on, but thought I would post in case people were interested.

I've seen others mention a range of around 3K, and I was worried that this would be too impractical. But I have to say I've had a very different experience. My adblue warning has also recently come on, after close to 12K, so the car definitely appears to be designed for a decent stint between top-ups, but the dealers don't appear to check it very often. I also have the 24l tank and managed to get 21 in, so hopefully another 12K before I have to deal with it again.

dghdgh
08-08-2017, 09:55 PM
The last time I put some in at my local bp at the pump it was under 70p per litre.

maxw
23-10-2017, 04:06 AM
Well here we go again I spoke to soon the app shows adblue 1500 miles

my MY16 Q7 had the smaller tank and warning was 3500 miles

when the warning pop up it came up on the dash with a ping and adblue in 1500 miles

my MY SQ7 has the bigger tank and I’ve done just over 4000 miles (I even ask the dealer to make sure it was topped up on new pdi) I guess it wasn’t not surprised

this time ive had no warning on the dash it’s just sudden been added to the App on same bit as service and oil level
since I’ve seen this I’ve drove another 100miles yet the app still shows 1500 miles

my question is to any one who has a MY17 either Q7 or SQ7

who has had the warning pop up

If I keep going do I wait for it to ping and pop up on the dash or does it not do that now it’s on the app?

although it now shows up on the app and wasn’t showing befor I’m not sure how much it’s been driven since the adblue pop up on the app
as don’t always check it and since driving it since I’ve seen it it still says 1500 rather than go down

can some one help who have had the warning and had to fill up please

thank you kindly

M

Ps do I wait for a warning on the dash? At the moment there is no warnings on the dash or in the MMI menu under service where it shows the oil level
the only warning is in the app

srbsq7
23-10-2017, 09:55 PM
I’d always trust the dash rather than the (cr)App [emoji12] seriously though, I’d be surprised if it solely relied on the app.

My warning popped up today. I think this is the 3rd time I’ve had to do it with the 12l tank after 9,000 miles.

maxw
23-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Thanks mate

year I had it pop up twice I think in old car
had another 60 mile drive today still nothing on the dash and still says 1500 on app so it’s def not dropping yet
i was expected to get at least 5,000-6,000 miles befor warning on the 24L tank

just strange it should sudden show up on the app like that

M

ragebe
24-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Well here we go again I spoke to soon the app shows adblue 1500 miles

<snip>

What app is that Max?

I've got 3 x Audi apps on my phone - Audi Companion, MMI Connect and Audi eKurzinfo - none of which show the detail you put in your screen shot, in post 101.