PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf GT TDI 150BHP Flip Key Fob

mhd143
08-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I need some advice on buying a spare 2 button flip key fob for my car.

The current(and only) key fob i have is HLO 1J0 959 753 CT.

However there are various Flip Key fobs available that have the same number as above but end in A, G, AG etc etc. I would be grateful if someone could advise me on which model numbers key fobs are compatable with my car as the CT version seems to be a bit hard to get hold of please

Many Thanks In Advance

mhd143
20-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Peeps

I thought i'd update you on my journey of finding a new flip key fob:-

I read a review on fleebay that described which key i should buy

I won an auction on fleebay for a new flip key fob(HLO 1J0 959 753 AG) which cost me £28.50 delivered.

I took it to a locksmith in the city where i work who cut the key(£5) and programmed the locks ((£2)which i could have done myself) but he could not program the transponder to the immobiliser. He said the chip would need replacing(£44) and then programming(£35)

I came home a bit cheesed off. So i found a local locksmith who i went to see today and the first question he asked was "Did you buy this on fleeebay?". He then said that all of these flip key fobs from 2000 onwards have the chip locked to the car and the only way to get round it was by replacing the chip(£15) and then programming(£40) transponder chip to immobiliser.

So in total it has cost me £90.50 and some hassle.

A locksmith can provide one for £110 all in, which is still much cheaper than the ******** who charge £160.

I would really recommend this locksmith(Bouldins) to anyone interested in the Leicester area

Kind Regards
MHD143

onzarob
20-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the update, I used a fleebay key with no issues, but my car is 1999;)

mmigliac
20-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Its is not possible to buy a key from ebay that starts your car. Thank goodness this is the case otherwise car criminals could simply order a key from Ebay and drive of with your new Golf.

Cars built post 95 use tranponder key technology and requires the key to be prgrammed to the cars ECU.

Main dealer charges are very high but a good car locksmith should be able to do this for you at a better price.

<deleted>

Eshrules
20-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Its is not possible to buy a key from ebay that starts your car. Thank goodness this is the case otherwise car criminals could simply order a key from Ebay and drive of with your new Golf.

Cars built post 95 use tranponder key technology and requires the key to be prgrammed to the cars ECU.

Main dealer charges are very high but a good car locksmith should be able to do this for you at a better price.

<deleted>

that's not what he was saying though....

all you need to do is code the key to your immobilser.

i tried to use car locksmiths for mine, but when i got told they wanted a fee of £50 i decided i'd do it myself.... and my business was born thereof.

i encourage anyone to DIY this, it's not complicated and i like to see monopolies, such as this held by dealers and locksmiths alike, broken.

anyone who's competant with a PC can code their own keys, you just have to have the 'get up and go' :beerchug: