PDA

View Full Version : Safety Camera Alerts

gregpawley
25-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Hi Just ordered the new A4 B9 with the specification below, just wondered if there are any way to get safety camera alerts on the sat nav?

S line 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic 272 PS
Scuba blue, metallic
Leather/Alcantara Rotor Grey
Adaptive sport suspension with damping control
Audi Virtual Cockpit
Comfort and Sound Pack
Door mirrors - with memory and auto dimming function. Electrically folding, adjustable and heated
Driver Assistance Pack
Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function for the driver's side
Headrests for front seats (x-adjustment)
Heated front seats
Leather/Alcantara with S line embossing on the front seats
Light & Vision Pack
Parking Assistance Pack Advanced
Privacy glass (side and rear windows) and Acoustic glass (front side windows)
Storage Pack
Technology Pack

Sam
26-11-2015, 10:20 AM
You can add them as custom POIs but you won't be warned in the same manner as a dedicated satnav would warn you.

Camera warnings aren't legal in all parts of Europe.

gregpawley
26-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Thanks, is there a sticky of how to do this and a good source of POI?s Also what generation is the system being used on the new A4 3G?...

Sam
26-11-2015, 11:47 AM
Sticky, not that I'm aware of, nope. How to do it should be in the manual. Source of POIs, there are plenty, some free, some paid for (pocketgpsworld) I've only used the latter myself and I'm more than happy with the content.

As for your last question, no idea I'm afraid but another nerd will hopefully know.

Nightowl4933
14-12-2015, 09:59 PM
I've just had my RCD310 upgraded to an RNS510NAV by HazzyDayz and they preinstalled camera POIs as part of the deal.

There are quite a POIs available out there, but you could also write your own and convert them. VW provide a site to convert POIs from other sources (POI-Listen Sammlung < Discover Geräte < Volkswagen NAV-Companion < Volkswagen Deutschland (http://www.volkswagen.de/de/navigation/discover-pro/poi-listen-sammlung.html)), so I suppose there may be an Audi equivalent?

I am trying to write and load my own POIs with the camera POI, but struggling to understand how it works. I'm not a nerd yet, but hopefully I'll figure it out before too soon!

Pete

srbsq7
17-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Thanks, is there a sticky of how to do this and a good source of POI?s Also what generation is the system being used on the new A4 3G?...

A couple of the guys on the Q7 forum have done this: Import Speed camera locations new Q7 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/175675-Import-Speed-camera-locations-new-Q7)