PDA

View Full Version : Please Help I need to update my Touch Phone Kit Music

JamPolo
22-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Hello all,

I recently bought a 2012 VW Polo which came with a Touch Phone Kit Music module fitted. The girl I bought it off said she didn't use it because it needed updating, and had no need to use her phone in the car.

There is a download on the VW site to update the software - Touch Phone Kit Music < Infotainment < Products < Volkswagen Accessories (http://www.volkswagen-accessories.com/en/product-ranges/infotainment/touch-phone-kit-music.html)

The file is "tpk_music_recovery.zip". They don't really give you any clear instructions on what to do with the zip file, so I have tried putting it on a USB stick in its current form, unzipping it, renaming it "tpk_music" and as many variations I can think of. I can't seem to get the device to read anything so perhaps I'm not connecting the USB stick correctly...

I bought a USB cable for the MDI port as I thought that's where I would need to install the new software, but could this be where I am going wrong? Do I need to actually take the stereo out and plug it directly into the phone kit box?

Thanks very much for any help, this has really been frustrating me!