PDA

View Full Version : My A4 S Line with 20mm drop Eibach question ?

Tara
16-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Hi,
I have been thinking of swapping my 19" alloys for 18" to improve the ride but after reading many threads I might look at trying to tweak the suspension first , I am pretty sure I have the sport springs as I tried measuring from center of rear wheel to arch and its about 370mm and I think the s line option is 360mm ? The only thing is that although I seem to have to slightly more forgiving set up I would still like it a tad softer :Blush2: I know that Eibach do the Pro Kit with the 30mm but will this just lower it another 10mm than I already have and make it a bit stiffer , I liked this set up on a previous car I had that I used to track day in as the springs had some give before they would load up in the corners ( hence progressive ) the only thing is I don't really want to go lower if its not going to improve comfort .
Does anybody run this set up and what do they think ? Or the Eibach Sport-line kit which is a 20mm drop ? As I don't have any experience with these ones , thanks for any pointers as long as its not to buy an SE :D

dubvrs
18-11-2015, 06:45 PM
S line suspension is very poor and crashes over bumps. My S line mk2 TT was the same and changed to Eibach pro kit and was such a nicer ride. Changing from 19 to 18 will be hardly any difference to be honest.

Tara
18-11-2015, 07:34 PM
S line suspension is very poor and crashes over bumps. My S line mk2 TT was the same and changed to Eibach pro kit and was such a nicer ride. Changing from 19 to 18 will be hardly any difference to be honest.

Ok ok thanks but did your TT originally have the sport suspension with 20mm drop or the s line option 30mm drop ? I.e was it lower after fitting the eibachs or the same height ? Thanks again.

Tara
29-11-2015, 07:13 PM
I looked into it and it looks like the eibach Pro kit will lower my sport suspension a further 10mm bringing it the same height as the s line 30mm option .
But what I really need the know is will it also improve the ride quality even though it's 10mm lower ?
also could I just fit se springs straight on with my shocks if I wanted ?
thanks for any pointers.