PDA

View Full Version : A6 Bi-Tdi with tuning box, rev limiter kicks in before gears auto change up HELP!

Ian A6 Quattro
14-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Hi,

I've got a 2012 A6 S-line Bi-TDI avant, I've fitted it with a TDI tuning twin channel box and set the box to max, the problem I'm having is that when auto is engaged in dynamic she hits the rev limiter when I floor it, which clearly doesn't happen without a tuning box fitted.
Why is this happening, if too much power then TDI tuning are selling a box not fit for purpose, I have actually spoken to them, they have told me to return the box and they will re-map it, does this mean reduce the power in the box? Which I don't want, as the whole reason for buying the box is for more power/better MPG!
Or is it a DSG problem ?
I know if I change gears manually there will not be a problem, however what I don't want is for my wife to commit herself to an over taking maneuver in auto, then loose power at the point of no return and potentially have an accident.
I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help.
Cheers
Ian.

Advanced-Tuning
14-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Why fit a tuning box when and custom remap is far superior and safer on the fuel pump

This is why you get problems mate, the box is putting your car into limp mode by the sounds of things

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

evans1089
05-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Try turning the box down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk