PDA

View Full Version : Question Halogen lights

rd1
12-11-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi,
I am really disappointed with the dipped beam on my new 8V with Halogens fitted, short beam even on max lift adjustment and poor light output. Our 8P A3 also has halogens and they are really bright and well positioned so it appears to me that Audi have definitely gone backwards with the halogens and light design. (Could it really be they want us all to spec the very expensive upgrades?)

I do notice the 8V has a different bulb shield and wonder if this that has caused the issue. I also saw that Audi in the past, may have restricted the H7 bulbs voltage to enable longer life of the bulbs. Does anybody know if this is true for the 8V, and if so can it be altered by VCDS to get the full voltage back and increased brightness?

Failing that, the lights are very easy to reset so I have adjusted and lifted mine slightly which has helped with the distance, and if the voltage is already at maximum then I will fit the Philips H7 bulbs with 130% more light to see if that helps.

Oliver Head
22-11-2015, 10:02 PM
I believe this is something that can be changed with VCDS in adaptations, but where abouts in the central electrics module it is located would be difficult, as at the moment the options are all still in German.

But I know they do this, as I have come across it before.

Another option is to upgrade the standard bulbs to something like Phillips extreme vision or the like.