PDA

View Full Version : ive done it

charlie oscar
04-08-2006, 05:30 PM
ok after reading so much on the net about running on veg oil ive done it .
just bunged it in the tank and everythings running fine, infact the car is running better than before. my car is a passat . year 2000 115 tdi pd .
ive coverd about 500 miles so far mixing 10 litres of diesel with 8 litres of veg oil from asda.which cost 1.62 for 3 litres . the car now smells like a chip pan when running but runs better .
if the car blows up ill let you know .
and gorden brown can kiss my *** because he aint getting his 27p:biglaugh:

snapdragon
06-08-2006, 10:25 PM
If you decide to carry on, you can get 20litre drums at a cash and carry (rough ones where takeaways go are better than Makro/Costco) for £8.89. (45p/litre) and a funnel from Wilkos car section for £2 with a flexi spout, cut the restriction off the spout and prise out the filter mesh and you can put the oil in really quick. At Hyperama you can get oil in 20litre plastic bladder mounted inside a cardboard box with just the handle and lid sticking out the top, these are great as they can be squashed flat and put in the bin. It's best to add oil to diesel rather than other wat round (always add thicker liquid to thinner liquid for best mining)

charlie oscar
23-08-2006, 05:26 PM
so after for a few weeks now running on best vegetable oil 50/50 mix with diesel the passat is running just as good as ever infact i can now say that it runs better with veg oil than without . i'll report more later if i have any problems , but for now the cars happy and so im i (50p a litre lol) see the car go for yourself at youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QYAcpoWXhQ
:beerchug:
charlie o