PDA

View Full Version : Non starter. Air in fuel lines?

philmyaudi
10-11-2015, 11:28 AM
*was*on here not so*long ago with a possible failed fuel pump. It was the module that had gone so i have now had that repaired and refitted it the codes the ecu was throwing have now gone.

When fault finding before being sure it was the edc at fault i undone the fuel lines to the injectors,Even took the rocker cover off (as i had a needle lift sensor) meaning i took the return/overflow lines off too.

Even now the fuel still gets to the injectors, ive topped the filter up, leaving the bleed nipple open. I have even tried cracking the injectors one at a time to let the air out whilst turning the engine over and still no luck. Its an auto so i can't bump start. My next step is going to be repeat*the process + some easy start.

When i loosen the the injectors should i be doing them one at a time. Or just crack them half/all off a turn or so (not tried that yet)

Or if there are any other tips*you guys know then please let me know

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

micheal balbrig
10-11-2015, 01:09 PM
What engine?
You probably need to have the filter bleed screw closed when cranking.
May help to suck the fuel up to the filter with a vacuum to assist initial starting

philmyaudi
10-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Well i tried it both ways anyway.

Its a 2.5 tdi v6 ake

I have seen like a syringe style thing to help get the air out. Unsure as to where i would use it on my fuel system. Only place i can see is the bleed nipple on the filter