PDA

View Full Version : Key reprogram dilemma

08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi, first post here, looking for some suggestions.

I bought my TT a few months ago, through a garage (not an Audi dealer) and was told that only one remote key was available to take with the car, and that the spare was with the previous owner's father (owner lives in Thailand). This is also the case for alarm details, other paperwork, etc.

It seems now that the garage cannot get any response from the father, and some doubt is now looming whether there is in fact a spare key at all. This also means that I have no details regarding the radio code.

I have no comeback with the garage. He's claiming that as I knocked him down on price then the car has no warranty etc.
Thats another story.

So in fact Im pretty much on my own with the car, which I do love.

Ive read that spare remote keys can be had from auction sites, and that they can be reprogrammed following a procedure where you manually lock doors, and so on.

Well I can't do that; the door locks have been removed from my car for "Added security".

Im a little worries now that when the battery in my remote dies, I could be totally stuck. I have no magic 4 digit code, and can't even change over the current remote key battery without the need for reprogramming. (as I understand it)

I think its unlikely that Audi would take pity on me and perform this service FOC if I managed to get a spare from the aution site and get it cut.

Can anyone offer any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

onzarob
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Find a decent automotive locksmith and they should be able to Read the immo code and match extra keys for you. Audi will charge you £160+ for an extra key.

I have matched key to my car from ebay but I already had the immo skc code.

08-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know of anyone in the Northants area who might be able to to just that? And a ballpark figure of what I might expect to pay for the privaledge?

onzarob
08-10-2007, 08:58 PM
try this search it may help

http://www.advanced-locksmiths.co.uk/ukpostcodes/locate.php

31-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Thought I'd giva a small update:

Bought a VAG Tacho 1.7 and VAG COM cable from Eshrules, and managed to retrieve the 4 digit SKC for my immobiliser with the Tacho. Then coded another remote key (bought from the Bay of e for 27 quid, and cut at Timpson for 8 quid) with VAG COM.

Hugely relieved now I have a spare. :D

onzarob
31-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Thought I'd giva a small update:

Bought a VAG Tacho 1.7 and VAG COM cable from Eshrules, and managed to retrieve the 4 digit SKC for my immobiliser with the Tacho. Then coded another remote key (bought from the Bay of e for 27 quid, and cut at Timpson for 8 quid) with VAG COM.

Hugely relieved now I have a spare. :D

Great stuff, I did the same a while back and having a spare is good feeling:D

joncow75
04-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm glad to of come across this too. Picked up my Audi TT on Sat as a private sale, but realised there was only 1 key and no info for the key codes. This could save me a few quid at least

bazzill
05-02-2008, 12:09 AM
does it not concern anyone how easy it is to replicate a key for such a car???

onzarob
05-02-2008, 10:55 AM
does it not concern anyone how easy it is to replicate a key for such a car???

Depends what you consider easy. You need a physical key, you need to be inside the car to plug the laptop in you need a laptop and cable and you need the correct remote to match.

But if you really wanted a specific car then it is easer than you think to get it ;)

The Newer car system are harder to get the codes out and there not printed anywhere just held on Audi's database.

bazzill
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Depends what you consider easy. You need a physical key, you need to be inside the car to plug the laptop in you need a laptop and cable and you need the correct remote to match.

But if you really wanted a specific car then it is easer than you think to get it ;)

The Newer car system are harder to get the codes out and there not printed anywhere just held on Audi's database.

well yeah if you could get someones spare key you could very easily replicate it and use the car at will haha. good to know the new ones are more secure, i just gotta to find £20k to get one!