PDA

View Full Version : Interior Lights (New Q7)

Nemo78
02-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Random question - I was looking in the manual as a fault appeared in the DIS around pre sense but as flicking through the manual I came across the interior lights section...

Does anyone have the 'Rear Lights' button on their car?

Mine only has the on/off and door activated switches but not the top one for rear lights.

Can't see anywhere where it says selected models or anything - so just thought I'd see have I been diddled here or have we all?

ScubaTommo
10-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Hi, I picked up my Q7 on Sunday. I've just checked and it does have the rear light button as per your picture.

Nemo78
10-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Thanks Scuba, does your car have a panoramic roof?

ScubaTommo
10-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Thanks Scuba, does your car have a panoramic roof?

Yes it has the panoramic roof.

Nemo78
10-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Cool thanks - I think it's a panoramic roof only feature and not normal tin top like mine

JMB7
12-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Just picked mine up today. No rear light switch, and also no panoramic roof! :)

Nemo78
12-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Just picked mine up today. No rear light switch, and also no panoramic roof! :)

Brill cheers JMB7...

So how's the car??

JMB7
14-11-2015, 07:31 PM
I'm really liking the car so far. Away for the weekend so had a good long test drive. Very quiet and comfortable!
Few annoying niggles, the main one being loud annoying beeps if I open the drivers door with engine running. It wakes our daughter every time. Trouble is she also wakes as soon as the engine is turned off as well :)

JMB7
15-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Just out of interest (sorry for thread subject change) but does anyone's boot open via the kicking the foot gesture? It mentions an option but it wasn't one that was listed when I specced the car.
Thanks

Nemo78
15-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Hey, glad to hear you are loving the car! I don't think we even had the boot kick option in the UK available in fairness...would have been handy!

Nemo78
21-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Thought I'd keep this post here as its to do with different interior lights...

I hardly ever use my door pockets in any car but for some reason decided to put a small box in to the driver door pocket last night....Has anyone noticed there's a motion detected light in there...have to admit it's pretty cool! Sad but probably one of the nicest touches in the car...alongside being able to adjust the brightness of all the courtesy 'reading' lights

JMB7
21-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Yup I noticed that too. Was strangely satisfying :).

I am guessing the holes to the rear of the side pockets where our daughter's calpol rolled to and I couldn't get my fat hands in to retrieve are the high visibility vest storage mentioned in the manual. Will need to get a couple to stop other stuff rolling back into them!