PDA

View Full Version : Something very strange has anyone else experienced this?

Demo8Dan
02-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but when I park the car up my drive it never wants to start but when parked nose down the drive it starts first time every time!?!?!?

Drives perfectly when on the run no problems at all

I have changed all the fuel pipe couplings/clips
Replaced fuel filter and seals
Replaced fuel pump in tank, tandem pump tested ok.

Has anyone got any idea what this could be I just can't get my head around it... [emoji855]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam
03-11-2015, 09:50 AM
Go on, give us a clue, what car do you have?

rowdy-999
03-11-2015, 10:05 AM
You must have an air leak in the fuel system somewhere. Diesel is heavy so it sinks. Nose down the engine, injectors etc will be full, other way round the fuel runs back to the tank.
Try a one way, inline valve on the fuel line.

Demo8Dan
03-11-2015, 10:36 AM
A3 1.9tdi we have fitted a non return valve at the filter end on the fuel supply line still no different [emoji853]

German engineering [emoji869]🏻

Col
04-11-2015, 01:33 AM
This is like a cryptic crossword puzzle clue...

There is no helping some people. There are a few different 1.9's but I assume it is a PD 8v of some sort.

I'd say, take a closer look at the tandem pump and pay careful attention to your oil level to see if diesel is diluting it / the level is increasing. Also double check the filter and the seals on the stat that pushes into it. A cheap filter may not seal properly and allow air ingress.

Demo8Dan
04-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Found out what the cause was I think just need a few more nights parked to test, thanks for the help so far
Previous owner must of had the filter unit off and didn't connect the hoses back up to the correct fittings.

German engineering [emoji869]🏻