PDA

View Full Version : Which temporary wheels for golf cabriolet 3.5?

Pumba
01-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Hi there, I hope someone can help! I'm sending my 1999 golf cabriolet to the scrapyard. I want to keep the original bbs alloys but my local scrapyards are telling me that if the car doesn't have wheels then I either won't get anything for it or they won't take it. I suppose I could just let them go but I'll only get £40.00 for the car anyway. I know these rims are worth more than that! What else could I put on? Steel wheels? The car basically just needs to be able to get onto a truck. They are PCD 4 x 100 I think with an offset of 35-42 and bore size 57.1. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions :o

Rob69
02-11-2015, 10:06 AM
How much do you think the bbs are worth? Is it worth the bother getting more wheels just to scrap it or just let the alloys go with the car. Buy 4 scrap wheels off the scrapper turn your car in for 40 quid, you might break even or be down 20 or 30 quid, but left with the bbs, are they actually that valuable?

zollaf
02-11-2015, 10:35 AM
blimey, a scrapyard that wants wheels. normally they give you less unless you take the tyres back home with you as the tyres cost the scrapyard money to dispose of. maybe with the price of scrap at a big low they just want the value of the scrap alloys.