PDA

View Full Version : Rear washer motor leaking

Redcar01
01-11-2015, 12:16 AM
My 12 Audi A4 Avant is leaking water from the Rear washer motor and the Audi dealer said its the seals leaking from cheap washer fluid

Is this true or a myth from Audi dealers, looks like £200 iso to change out

zollaf
01-11-2015, 11:47 AM
have you been using cheap screen wash ?

Redcar01
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
have you been using cheap screen wash ?
Yes Asda screen wash but 2 other cars used it as well no props

Crasher
01-11-2015, 09:12 PM
The rear wiper motors on the 8P A3 and 8E A4 estate are useless, almost every single one I see on the road is stuck in some odd position and we get many customers with both cars having alarm problems because of water dripping onto the tailgate catch. It is nothing to do with cheap screen wash, it is everything to do with a stupid design! Octavia 1, washer jet separate, never changed a motor, A3 series 2, washer jet in motor, always changing motors-stupid, style over function = utter ********!

Redcar01
03-11-2015, 11:51 PM
You must have the kiss of death Crasher:D , mines now stuck at 1'o clock and won't move. LOL anyway its booked in for a replacement. Funny enough my previous car was a Mazda 6 2008 bought new sold it 2013 only thing thing that went faulty on that car was the rear windscreen motor luckily that was under warranty. Brilliant car only reason i didn't buy another was they stopped doing hatchbacks and i didn't want an estate so i bought a A4 Avant as its not an estate :D hopefully my Audi will be as reliable.

Crasher
04-11-2015, 11:02 AM
hopefully my Audi will be as reliable.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

eye of newt, toe of frog, spit of dog, hubble bubble toil and trouble, oil pump and dmf fall off....