PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Hi would really appreciate some help

MGSSniper
30-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Hey, first of all thankyou in advance for anyone who can help, 1st time poster and came across these forums when searching and noticed a lot of knowledge on here!

I have a 2003 2.0FSI NON TURBO 8P1 A3 and the other day I was driving along and when stationary it started hunting on revs but did not stall, upon driving it was hesitant but with no misfires, it would hold off when accelerating and if I lowered the revs it seemed to pickup abit.

It then limited itself to max 3000rpm which I have read is "limp" mode. The RAC came out and scanned the car it came up with the camshaft sensor and a code 16575 fuel pressure sensor. I proceed to change the Camshaft sensor as advised, the codes was cleared and fired her up. Nothing changed still exactly the same.

SO RAC called back out and ran a scan this time the camshaft sensor error was gone but I had the following :

16575 fuel pressure sensor
17479 - NOX sensor (although this has been there along time and did not effect the drive)
01314 - Engine control unit but I believe this is where I disconnected the battery
P0191 Fuel Rail pressure.

The RAC advised the tank fuel pump, so today I changed this for a used but known fully working one, it primed fine the car started but no change still doing the same thing. Im stuck now, could it be the fuel sensor? as I hear these are rarely the cause? a coil pack I suspected but have had these go before and sounds like 3 cylinders but this does not, it revs fine to 3k but can hear a slight whistle (I have checked all air pipes) but on idle is abit here and there.

One last thing if the car is driven when it warms up it seems to be worse and will just die when you come to a stop, restarts ok and then does it again on stop.

Any ideas ? I cannot keep throwing money at this thing lol

Cheers in advance!