PDA

View Full Version : How To Noobie!

AudiHarry
27-10-2015, 01:42 PM
So I have had my A4 for around 2 months and havent quite started the project yet but in the coming months thankfully it all begins.

I have the 2.0tdi 143 and my initial plan is to do the DPF delete and remap, had a couple of quotes and getting around the £450 mark. Is this a good price? and is there any reccomendations for a good garage in Hertfordshire/London?!

Also as a side note, my rear driver side door wont unlock unless from the outside! I cant believe it its like a reverse child lock has anyone else had this problem and will audi sort it for me?

Crasher
27-10-2015, 04:21 PM
If you do a DPF delete you are going to fail the MOT, it is illegal and wrong,. If the VW emissions recall extends to your car, the recall will not work.

AudiHarry
27-10-2015, 04:28 PM
I realise it will be an MOT failure and that isnt an issue, thank you for reminding me it is illegal though :D

In regards to the recall is it a necessity for my car to go in or is it an option? To be honest I still haven’t received a letter so I’m assuming my car is not affected.

Crasher
27-10-2015, 06:26 PM
No one knows the answer to that question yet. After all the fallout form the emissions debacle I find it hard to see why anyone would still remove the DPF, doing this is one of the reasons Diesel cars are under such scrutiny now. I don't even think the moderators should allow the subject to be discussed, on the forum I run it is a banned subject.

AudiHarry
27-10-2015, 07:13 PM
If you look at some of the adverts on here they actually advertise it. So you need to take that up with the administrators. What I do to my car is completely my choice and frankly when it improves performance and this is a car forum I cant see why you would have a problem.

Thank you for your unhelpful input. First post on here and someone is already telling me what I can and cant do to my car.