PDA

View Full Version : window clips/regulator advice please

rick343
27-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Morning all, my drivers side window has made a crunching sound since i bought it, added to this lastnight the window started playing up a bit. It would close but then immediately re open a few inches.
Im thinking down the lines of a new regulator??and im planning on getting one from ecp. Does anyone know if they come with the famous blue clips or do i need to get these separately? Thanks

Crasher
27-10-2015, 04:34 PM
It sounds like the cable has failed so the only way I know of on the 8L is to drill out the rivets and fit a new regulator either aftermarket or genuine. Some of the aftermarket units are dreadful quality but the ECP one is £67.20 and genuine they are £116.78. Still, if it goes wrong the genuine one has a two year parts and labour warranty so considering how involved they are to install, genuine is best. You need a seriously big rivet gun to install the new rivets, they are very thick.

Billy R
08-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Hi, This same has happened with the NSF window on my Q7, removed the door card today and found that one of the cables has indeed snapped. Does anyone know if the Wahr after market regulators are any good.
Many thanks
Billy