PDA

View Full Version : Dead battery + Bonnet

Grind
07-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Hey all, sorry if this is a repeat topic (I have had a quick search, but found nothing specific) I have a ded battery on a 96 A4 1.9 TDi 110 and I cannot get the bonnet open for a jump. In fact there's so little juice that the doors wont even lock.

Anyone know of a work around????

Many thanks!
Dave

WelshDan
13-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I didn't realise the bonnet catch was electrically operated.

Random idea: is it possible to charge the battery via the lighter socket?

Good luck!

AutoTDI
13-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I didn't realise the bonnet catch was electrically operated.

It isn't, so it can't be a battery problem.

Mack
14-10-2007, 01:34 AM
If you can gain access from below, usualy you can pull the release latch from underneeth. Sounds as if your cable has come loose, or streached. You will need to remove the lower engine covers to be able to get your hand up there.

Mack.

morgansssss
28-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey all, sorry if this is a repeat topic (I have had a quick search, but found nothing specific) I have a ded battery on a 96 A4 1.9 TDi 110 and I cannot get the bonnet open for a jump. In fact there's so little juice that the doors wont even lock.

Anyone know of a work around????

Many thanks!
Dave
hi ive just bought an a4 and when i got it home i couldnt open the bonnet i took it to the garage he said it was a comon problem he got me to pull and release the bonnet catch whilst he rattled the bonnet up and down, the bonnet released the problem was the bonnet catch gunged up so much it wasnt operating properly