PDA

View Full Version : 2015 A4 ordered

xtremist
20-10-2015, 09:36 PM
After a year or so away from owning my old A4 Avante Sline, i've just ordered my new company car and it's an A4 sport 2.0 diesel 150 ps in Glacier White with leather. Not sure when I'll be getting it, but guessing 2-3 months. :p

Bit of a leap of faith, especially as you can't even test drive them yet..... :nervous:

Boy
20-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Should this post not be in the B9 section?
Seriously, we shall all be keen to hear what your impression is and how the new car measures up.
I hope that you are not disappointed. No reason to expect to be.

AudiR
21-10-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm on the same boat except that I've ordered a Brilliant Black 1.4TFSI Sport.

I've been allocated a build week of 47 which is the week commencing 16th November :)

Vizen2
05-11-2015, 01:16 AM
Just done the deed, A4 Avant Sport, 150 Bhp, S Tronic, Brilliant Black, Lumbar, Adj Headrests, Upgraded Interior LED pack, de-badged & 54 litre fuel tank.
Waiting for build week, will keep you informed.

xtremist
11-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Any idea when the dealers will be getting cars in showrooms?

Vizen2
12-11-2015, 12:35 AM
I called into Wakefield Audi last week and they expected to see a car in a couple of weeks, should be with dealers next week?

Scott K
12-11-2015, 11:43 AM
I have been invited to the A4 launch next Friday (20th) at Aberdeen Audi so would expect all dealers to be the same. Unfortunately, we can't go due to other commitments!

Nemo78
15-11-2015, 05:24 PM
I know my local dealers have received their car just over a week ago but aren't allowed to put it out in showroom as yet

Vizen2
18-11-2015, 12:29 PM
My order has been confirm and delivery is the first week in March, I'll keep updating as and when.

chiefinspector
18-11-2015, 02:02 PM
I have been invited to the A4 launch next Friday (20th) at Aberdeen Audi so would expect all dealers to be the same. Unfortunately, we can't go due to other commitments!

I got an invite for that as well. Interested in seeing the A4 as well as the new R8 although i will only ever own one if the numbers come up!!!

checkmate
19-11-2015, 01:12 PM
I ordered my A4 last week, a4 sline tdi

I was told 7-8 weeks so hopefully before December!

Do they usually tell a time frame on what week we going to get it on or would i just get phone call week before or something?

YawnGumbo
19-11-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm about to be in the same boat - my A4 Avant is due to change and the new company car list includes the new A4. Just need to decide on the spec and best options (any advice welcome - doing about 25000 miles a year so want things to make my journeys more bearable!). At the moment it looks like my budget will either stretch to a 150 Sline Saloon, or a 150 Ultra Sport Avant, but the Avant would have very few extras and not the adaptive cruise which I am keen to have. It's a shame Audi don't appear to have just the ACC as an option without having it as part of the Driver Assistance Pack. I've only driven an A4 saloon once when my car was in for a service, but I do like the practicality of the Avant. Decisions decisions!

I'm pleased to hear the build times seem to be quick though. My current car isn't due a change until May next year, so I've got a bit of leeway to decide on the best model.

veltror
19-11-2015, 07:37 PM
I had a sneak peak of a new A4 today, much more rear legroom, virtual cockpit looks pretty good also, sadly they all have the ad-blu garbage now....

spooky
19-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Off to the dealer tomorrow for a peek at one "under wraps" until Saturday.
thnking of getting the 3.0 Quattro, but although my heart says to go with the 262ps, my head is saying the 218ps is plenty, the fuel consumption looks a lot better...I honestly don't know that I would notice the extra horses, except when I very rarely boot it from the lights,

any thoughts?

Nemo78
21-11-2015, 08:04 AM
I used to have the old 2.0TFSI 220 bhp (B6 so going back a few years) and that was plenty enough power....

Vizen2
22-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Well finally saw the new A4 yesterday at Audi Harrogate, NICE, only had saloons in for viewing. Slick looking car, very sharp lines, rear leg room appears better than my current 3 Series, looks very well screwed together, definitely done the right thing.
I agree wth YawnGumbo it's a pity you can't have adaptive cruise at a sensible price, I was close to ordering a Passat SE Business estate, this has ACC as standard, with my car allowance I went Sport Avant, spec on a previous post, seemed the best compromise, would have like ACC but decided the A4 was a better car, reviews are all good and I guess you don't miss what you've never had.

Nemo78
22-11-2015, 08:04 PM
I saw the A4 today - very nice and great job done. Looks slightly smaller than previous one but I don't know if it is or isn't.

The smartphone interface is very very good and simple to use. I haven't messed about on config but I'm sure specd well it'll be a fantastic car

Hammy969
22-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Long time since i have been on here.....

Just back from a test drive in the B9. Dealer has a 190 sline on 19" with what looks every extra possible.

Look much better in the flesh than the pictures,

The technology is a major leap forward from my current B8 Black Edition.

The ride is better even on 19", with great control.

gregpawley
25-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Just ordered mine, given build week 4, hopefully delivery week 7 ready for March the 1st file:///C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image002.png

S line 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic 272 PS Avant
Scuba blue, metallic
Leather/Alcantara Rotor Grey
Adaptive sport suspension with damping control
Audi Virtual Cockpit
Comfort and Sound Pack
Door mirrors - with memory and auto dimming function. Electrically folding, adjustable and heated
Driver Assistance Pack
Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function for the driver's side
Headrests for front seats (x-adjustment)
Heated front seats
Leather/Alcantara with S line embossing on the front seats
Light & Vision Pack
Parking Assistance Pack Advanced
Privacy glass (side and rear windows) and Acoustic glass (front side windows)
Storage Pack
Technology Pack

eoin27
25-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Ordered mine too.

Its an Irish model so the specification varies to the UK model.

1.4 TFSI S-Tronic SE (Can't get the 1.4 in S-Tronic in the UK which is a pity)

Monsoon Grey Metallic with Rock Grey Seats/Black Dashboard

Standard Equipment Highlights:
Twin Leather
MMI Navigation
7" Colour DIS Display
Electric Lumbar Support
LED Lighting Package
Multifunction Plus
Audi Sound System

Optional Extras:
Sport Seats - Crucial for those longer journeys.
Hill Hold Assist - This is a complete transformation in urban driving for automatics. If you get an Auto and do city driving GET THIS!!
Light and Rain Sensor - Wasn't standard for some reason

Trading a 2013 Audi A6 2.0TDI Multi SE. Will be sad to see it go but the size of the A6 is just not needed and it won't be too much of a drop-off in quality.

YawnGumbo
29-11-2015, 12:09 AM
So looking at these options a bit further it seems getting the ACC isn't just a case of getting the driver assistance pack, as if you want this you also have to have the technology pack, the high beam assist and parking plus. So ACC ends up costing almost £3.5k! Crazy! Is this correct or is the configurator not working correctly?

Anyway, looking at the standard equipment has the new A4 now got a proper speed limiter which prevents you from accelerating further? If so then this will be nice in the absence of ACC as any car I've driven with this I've barely used the cruise control in. Looks like it will be an A4 Sport Avant... Just got to get my test drive booked now :)

eoin27
29-11-2015, 12:46 AM
So looking at these options a bit further it seems getting the ACC isn't just a case of getting the driver assistance pack, as if you want this you also have to have the technology pack, the high beam assist and parking plus. So ACC ends up costing almost £3.5k! Crazy! Is this correct or is the configurator not working correctly?

Anyway, looking at the standard equipment has the new A4 now got a proper speed limiter which prevents you from accelerating further? If so then this will be nice in the absence of ACC as any car I've driven with this I've barely used the cruise control in. Looks like it will be an A4 Sport Avant... Just got to get my test drive booked now :)

Hi. I think the configurator is right. The only way to get ACC is through the package. Pity.

For the regular cruise, it has a speed limiter function.

tonye60
29-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Had a sit inside the new A4 today, not to impressed with the layout of the interior, obviously nicer than the old A4 but the long strip down the side of the console looks odd, cupholder position is weird, the tablet stuck on the dash and the heater controls sticking out. Hoping this style doesn't cross over to the A5

eoin27
30-11-2015, 12:15 AM
I find the interior to be really well designed. Coming from an A6 which has a great interior in itself, the A4 just moves things onto the next level.

checkmate
30-11-2015, 10:01 AM
saw myaudi status today, its on quality control so hopefully be completed in few days...which means 2-3 weeks hopefully ready for pick up!

tonye60
30-11-2015, 11:39 AM
I find the interior to be really well designed. Coming from an A6 which has a great interior in itself, the A4 just moves things onto the next level.

Have you seen 1 in showrooms

eoin27
03-12-2015, 01:07 AM
Yep. It's probably the second best Audi interior available right now. (Q7 is the best). The C7 interior held the crown for quite some time but is starting to show its age now.

Vizen2
04-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Latest update from my firms leasing company is delivery 7/3/16 so about a 15 weeks lead time from placing order.

xtremist
04-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Latest update from my firms leasing company is delivery 7/3/16 so about a 15 weeks lead time from placing order.

If thats correct, mine is 9 weeks away. Kind of hoping it'll be on a 16 plate

checkmate
08-12-2015, 11:54 AM
my car is due to be picked up this week or early next week. i was wondering can i pay by credit card to audi dealers if so do they charge extra for using the cards?

what about amex ?

Nemo78
08-12-2015, 02:30 PM
my car is due to be picked up this week or early next week. i was wondering can i pay by credit card to audi dealers if so do they charge extra for using the cards?

what about amex ?

Mine doesn't accept Amex and won't accept more than 2k on credit card from memory...sure a debit card lump sum would be taken (but not sure that's what you want to do)

Vizen2
08-12-2015, 06:31 PM
They may well take a credit card payment but they will want a fee, maybe 3 or 4%, I think Amex fees are even higher so I doubt they accept it, big fee on an expensive purchase

gregpawley
21-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Just had update thought the Your Audi App, it's built and currently in Quality Control, thing is now wait until March 1st or grab it as soon as it's available?.........

Nemo78
21-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Just had update thought the Your Audi App, it's built and currently in Quality Control, thing is now wait until March 1st or grab it as soon as it's available?.........

So in theory's depending when it went in to QC probably here early Jan and with you 2nd wk Jan is my guess.

Personally I don't think I could wait another 6 weeks knowing it's just sitting there waiting for me...

I'd take it [emoji106]🏼

gregpawley
21-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Spoken to the dealers today, apparently thy have been pushing through Avants quicker than the saloons to suit demand, they think it'll be week 3, said they can offer covered storage until I want it or register it earlier, decisions decisions.... Trading in a Mercedes A45 AMG so happy to keep it that a few weeks longer to play with.

derekm
22-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Spoken to the dealers today, apparently thy have been pushing through Avants quicker than the saloons to suit demand, they think it'll be week 3, said they can offer covered storage until I want it or register it earlier, decisions decisions.... Trading in a Mercedes A45 AMG so happy to keep it that a few weeks longer to play with.

How do you find the A45 AMG? I am toying with idea of getting the New A4 as company car option or taking the monthly allowance and purchase an A45 AMG privately. How is the A45 to live with daily? What is its real world mpg? Why are you trading it for an A4?

gregpawley
22-12-2015, 07:52 PM
A45 AMG is an amazing car, its 2 years old so the right time to go, as there is nothing similar and better so try something different.
The cons are the ride is very firm in town over potholes, but you are glad of this when you are out of town and get on to the twisties. The boot is pretty small.
The pros are there is nothing that can compete when it come to performance with combined practicality, very theatrical with the performance exhaust pops and banging and nothing will wipe the smile off your face out dragging a new 911 from the lights especially when you have a kayak on the roof and dog sat in the back :)
MPG driving easy around town 30ish easily achievable and I have done many long run where averaged 40MPG, driving swiftly around town in sport mode expect 25-27 MPG, and driving quickly out of town 35MPG is the norm.
There is a good forum community around the model, all of the earlier reported problems have now been resolved and the newer facelift model has switchable suspension to get over the firm ride.
If you are tempted go have a test drive but remember to take your cheque book as it is easy to get hooked to the speed. Also held their value extremely well so a good buy as they are being kept is short supply.
If you want any more information PM me.

gregpawley
10-01-2016, 07:02 PM
The car has been delivered to the dealers, currently sat on the transit blocks on the suspension hense the raised stance. the 3.0TDI sounds good, B&O sounds awesome, had a quick play with some of the features, car not PDI's and coded so limited functionality on the Audi connect. Will go doback to set up and play more prior to the March 1st handover.

xtremist
18-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Just had an update from the lease company and car should be with the dealers in February....... (I know, it's a bit on the vague side)..

xtremist
28-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Just had a call from our Fleet supplier, to say that my new car can be delivered in 10 days. However, Ive asked them to hold on to it so it gets a 16 reg.
Delivery has been confirmed for 1st March :D

Nemo78
29-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Finally got to see the Avant version as one of the neighbours collected theirs earlier this week...very nice!

Nemo78
13-02-2016, 04:03 PM
The one thing that surprises me is that Audi have not used the rectangular exhausts as seen on A6, Q7 etc...but stayed with the normal circular ones on the A4

davejinx
15-02-2016, 01:19 AM
Personally, I think that's a good thing. I find rectangular exhausts look a little try-hard, or fake or something, in my eyes.

Beauty they say, is in the eye of the beholder though!

stevel1305
19-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Ordered mine this week - A4 Avant Sport 150ps TDi with S tronic in Matador Red, heated seats and privacy glass (for the dogs!) . This will be my fourth Audi however must say that the dealers don't have to try very hard. I did all the work.

xtremist
01-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Well after a bit of a wait, my new A4 Sport 150ps s-tronic has been delivered this morning. :D

Think I need to spend a bit of time finding my way around the controls/infotainment etc and might even need to read the manual as well!

Vizen2
09-03-2016, 10:12 PM
My Sport 150 Avant arrived today -NICE
Only grip is finding my way round in infotainment system, just come out of a BMW 3 series which seemed a lot more intuitive, sure it'll be fine but it has got the grey cells working. Trip to Liverpool tomorrow so a chance to give it a proper run out, I'll get back to you.

xtremist
10-03-2016, 12:04 PM
It's very easy to get distracted in all the menu's. Enjoy the drive

Vizen2
10-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Great drive, sold, quiet and brisk for a 150, DSG works well, a real quality vehicle, much better than the 3 Series. Still struggling with the infotainment system, CarPlay doesn't always connect and to be honest it looks a little out of place compared to the Audi graphics. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it and it really is a very nice car.

Nemo78
10-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Great drive, sold, quiet and brisk for a 150, DSG works well, a real quality vehicle, much better than the 3 Series. Still struggling with the infotainment system, CarPlay doesn't always connect and to be honest it looks a little out of place compared to the Audi graphics. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it and it really is a very nice car.

Is CarPlay in the A4 a wired only solution or does it work wirelessly as well?

Vizen2
10-03-2016, 10:41 PM
Wired I'm afraid, there are 2 USBs under the armrest, when you plug the phone in CarPlay should just open could use a standard charger and avoid CarPlay. Also when using CarPlay it appears you can't use the 8 memory buttons to save favourite phone numbers. Will persevere and see what works best.

Vizen2
18-03-2016, 12:16 AM
Quick update, decided to spend the day without CarPlay and the infotainment system works so much better. You can flick around the various systems using the buttons around the selector wheel, you can delete voicemails using the tone option, with CarPlay you have to open the menu, scroll to CarPlay select it then the option you require, all very clunky, also the screen graphics just don't match the Audi quality, they look a bit cheap. I guess there's a place for CarPlay on some vehicles and future updates might make the system slicker, but for now I think I'll leave it, I've plugged in my iPod, have a CD in the player, CarPlay just complicates the pretty slick Audi system. One more thing, I miss a USB in the gove box, I have to leave my iPod under the arm rest, or take it out, I don't understand why there's not one out of sight. Sound like a moan, but over complex infotainment aside, the new A4 really is the dog's!

Stuart McDonald
18-03-2016, 01:21 PM
How does it look with the 17" wheels, waiting on my 3.0tdi 218ps sport Avant arriving and I'm a bit concerned how it will look as I haven't seen one yet?

ILikeJam
18-03-2016, 03:34 PM
I test drove a saloon with the standard 17" Sport alloys and they're not great.

If you like nice wheels then you'll definitely want to change them! I'm going to order some 18s but can't decide between Rotors or the new RS4 style.

More and more I'm starting to believe that Audi and BMW deliberately make their standard alloys pretty rank in order to force people to pay for upgraded ones!

Vizen2
18-03-2016, 05:08 PM
I have to disagree, I think the wheels look OK, sure it's no S Line but I think it sits well on the standard offering, bigger wheels also reduce the ride quality, if we had smooth roads fine but we don't so another advantage of the smaller wheel.

ILikeJam
19-03-2016, 12:39 AM
Obviously taste is all subjective, so what one person likes the next person might not.

The alloys are OK - they're not offensive - they're just a bit dull. I would say this goes as a generalisation for the wheels across the whole range, where there's always a nice upgrade available at a cost!

I also wouldn't dismiss 17s out of hand either, but I tend to find that the kind of wheels I like just don't get made in sizes below 18. The BMW style 379 alloys are a 17 that I really like (and bought as winters for my current car);