PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Conection Issues

siblo
11-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Just picked up a 12 plate Passat (which makes it a B7 I believe) at the weekend so just getting to know it.

I've worked out most of the things I wasn't sure about but a couple of things confuse me, I'll persevere for now but need help with one issue.

I use my Samsung S6 (Android) as a SATNAV but the voice instructions do not come through the car speakers...? (2 apps, TomTom & Google Maps)

Its set up correct for calls, as soon as I turn the ignition on the phone connects via bluetooth and I can access my phone book using buttons on the steering wheel..

SO. when the phone is connected via bluetooth, the phone speaker does not work and I can not hear directions.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can it be done? ( I read somewhere about needing a second bluetooth module but that was to resolve a different issue.)

Or is it more likely a phone issue? (going for a dig in the android forums me thinks)

This is happening (or not happening) while I have the radio on, I've scrolled through options and I have no bluetooth option available, but that might be because I already have my phone connected..

Thanks in advance

SIBLO

PS. Head unit is the RCD310 (I think) and it has the little media thingy in the glove box (although I haven't got that to do anything yet either)