PDA

View Full Version : Diamondbrite

passatMP
07-10-2007, 12:28 PM
hi guys - has anyone used diamondbrite treatment.

i got my Passat last month without taking the option at the time but know a few people have advised that it might be worth it.

any feedback on the diamondbrite would be appreciated.

thanks

forge197
07-10-2007, 12:40 PM
If you were to look around different forums you will get those that love it and those that hate it.

Firstly it depends on the cost if it's free then it's probably worth it, if it's like a hundreds of pounds then you'd be better of buying a range of products like zymol, megs, poorboys etc and then having a good cleaning regime.

http://www.detailingworld.com/ is a wealth of information and probably worth having a read through here.

I have always cleaned and detailed cars myself with excellent resutsl.

shudman
18-10-2007, 11:02 PM
I asked for DiamondBrite to be applied to my black SEL170....the dealer agreed. When I took delivery, I asked where the DiamondBrite kit was....and he showed me a bagful of Autoglym stuff :zx11:
The Sales Manager called me the next day to say that VW do not promote DiamondBrite and Autoglym is a better product.
In my opinion.....BULL ! Audi recommend it for their cars....and who owns Audi ?

I have a black TT, and had DiamondBrite applied, on purchase, 5 years ago and couldn't be happier. I have parked next to a clean 2 year old black TT in a car park that you *could* tell was not DBed - mine still outshone it by a mile.
I am not a rep from DB, but I can honestly say it was worth every penny of the £150 I paid for it, hence why I wanted it on my Passat.

To me, it is like the Autohold button....should be standard on EVERY car !

passatMP
19-10-2007, 06:41 PM
that's great feedback - thanks.

i've actually already bought the car 2 months ago but for various reasons harldly used it - only done 550 miles! I've still not had it washed as i am waiting delivery of the Meguiar cleaning stuff i've ordered. Once i get them i'll wash the car and take it straight away for a diamonbrite treatment!!!

shudman
19-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Note that if you drive your car away AFTER you have taken delivery (i.e. after PDI), then they will charge you about another £100 for DiamondBrite, as they have to "cut it back" and take the road film off. Expect £250-275.

From my understanding, VW will not apply it for you. Try an Audi or a BMW garage - their valet/PDI bays should be more than happy to charge you :Blush:

When done, they should give you two small bottles, one of shampoo and one of conserver, for your personal use (should last 9-12 months). You can buy larger bottles from JewelUltra (the folks who market DiamondBrite).

At the time, I always wondered whether it was worth it...but after 5 years, I can honestly say it is.