PDA

View Full Version : Polo rear camber kit

Terry82
05-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Hi. Can anybody recommend where to get a rear camber kit?
I don't know anything about these kits to be honest. Will I need wheel spacers also, or is that dependant on ride height and wheel size?

zollaf
05-10-2015, 09:46 AM
why do you want more camber.

Crasher
05-10-2015, 09:59 AM
If I remember rightly Eibach UK offer these. They do need to be very carefully installed so that the toe setting is within tolerance. You don't say which Polo you have but on all of them the principle is the same, you fit a wedged spacer under the stub axle and this has to be done very well, if it fails the wheel falls off. You should also check with your insurance company about how they feel about this. Excessive negative camber can cause the rear end to break away very suddenly so be aware the car can be more challenging to drive.

Terry82
05-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the advice lads.
It's a 6n2 polo I just recently bought.
Just realy like the look of them sitting low with rear camber kits.

zollaf
05-10-2015, 01:33 PM
slamber town, stretched tyres and all that. you might like the look but do you like the way they drive ???

Terry82
05-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Yup. All show and no go...I'm new to modifying cars, bikes are my real passion just getting a bit old to be on them all year round. So I've picked up a polo just for local commutes really. So I hope the handling issues won't cause me much bother. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. If it's a ball ache driving with the wheels like that I'll just whip it out again. Thanks for tips.

Crasher
05-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Just realy like the look of them sitting low with rear camber kits.

Yessss......That's what we were afraid of....

I have people bring me cars like that and I have to decline working on them as getting them on a lift is such a sketch of blocks and ramps and a dislocated spine after a road test. My problem is I am getting old, ignore me-I did did back int day!

Gazwould
05-10-2015, 04:42 PM
You might aswell strap yourself to a 3 legged pig .

I was young once , it was a Tuesday .

Crasher
05-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Why does that sound fun?