PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 1.9 gt tdi 115pd tuning - where to start?

Josh9415
04-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Hi all. I'm new to this so please excuse me if there is already a thread on this (there probably is). I'm looking to tune up my my 1.9 gt tdi but haven't got the best of knowledge on it. I was thinking to just start by putting a superchip in it, any other ideas? What else will I need to do? How much will the car take before going bang? What can I do to prevent this?
Thanks all,
Sorr for not knowing too much 😂
All help appreciated

zollaf
04-10-2015, 03:13 PM
start with a remap. that will see you a bit more power. use a reputable tuner though. if you then want more, buy something faster. the same engine came in 130 and 150 bhp flavours, and these are a much better place to start from. look at ' darkside developments' for more ideas, injectors, turbos etc.. the world is your oyster, all depends how fat your wallet is..

Josh9415
04-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Cheers for that, I was thinking of autotecniks. We've got an Audi s8 in the house hold, they've done all the mapping, miltek exhaust, k&n etc. They've been brilliant for us
Was also thinking of putting a k&n induction kit on it, think that's a good idea or money down the drain?

Josh9415
04-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Also would you reccomend telling the insurance company? I'm with aviva and they've not been too helpful recently after taking me off the bmw 123d m-sport. I wasn't planning on telling them, but would you recommend it? I'm 18, only 1 year no claims, and 3 points.

zollaf
04-10-2015, 05:59 PM
are you being serious. lets look at it like this. you mod your car to say 150 bhp with a remap. you then cause a crash in which someone is killed. your car is inspected by plod and found to not be standard. they can do this quite easily if they want, a simple rolling road test of the remains of the car would do. they then tell your insurance company who thank their lucky stars because they don't have to pay out because technically, you don't have insurance. you then end up doing porridge, because you killed soemone whilst driving without insurance in a modified car, and probably with some other related charges because they will make an example and throw the book at you.
so, do YOU think you should declare it or not. oh, not forgetting the million quid compo you have to pay to the family of the person you killed. all cos of a remap.

Josh9415
04-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Well when you put it that way it is a good idea telling them.. Just a little nervous on the cost that's all 😕 Any idea how much they would want?

zollaf
04-10-2015, 06:17 PM
no idea, i am a mechanic not an insurance agent. ask them first, if its too much then wait. you are young so it will be expensive. once you hit 25 then insurance drops considerably.

Josh9415
04-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Okay thanks for all the advice 😊

markaz
16-10-2015, 03:48 PM
I've applied a "Blacksmoke" remap to a few cars including a 115bhp Golf. The map cost me £45 and a cable was £20 from an auction site