PDA

View Full Version : Passat or A6?

jameswrush
04-10-2015, 01:46 PM
I currently have an Audi A6 (C5 Avant) and am now looking to replace it. It will be a C6 Avant but am really put off by the rock hard ride of the S Line and the looks of the SE.

Im considering a 2011 Passat Estate Tech Sport DSG instead which will be loads newer and supposedly comfy suspension. A relaxing, comfy car is my main requirement.

Has anyone switched from A6 to Passat? How did they compare in luxuriousness/refinement?

Thanks

cattytown
07-10-2015, 11:51 AM
I haven't come from an A6, but I was looking at the A6 and the Passat and went with the Passat.

The big clincher for me was the load space. Modern estates sweep down towards the back. The reduces the glass line t roof space with seats up, and that's the bit I like with estates. The two that looked best for that look to be the Mondeo and the Passat.

If you like things like leather you are going to find that more easily on an A6 - I think its the norm, where cloth is the norm on Passats.

The other big persuader for me was for the same money I could go newer.lower mileage with a Passat.

My 2011 SE is certainly relaxing and comfortable.

Paul.

dieselal
28-10-2015, 03:15 AM
I had a A6 saloon , now have Passat estate , id say the Audi has the better build quality all round but the Audi estate seemed smaller and less appealing , given the choice its hard to say .. both are good ..