PDA

View Full Version : Radio Code

Adrian Williams
04-10-2015, 12:47 PM
I have a tired battery and have ordered a new one to replace it. I have found a handwritten note in the sound system manual indicating a four digit 'code'.

Can someone please confirm that once the battery has been changed for the new one the radio head unit will ask for the code and once registered all will return to normal.

Thanks

Adrian

zollaf
04-10-2015, 12:58 PM
presuming it the right code, then yes, or the radio won't ask for it and will work anway because its coded to the ecu.

Adrian Williams
04-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Thanks for that Zollaf, is there any way of checking the code before disconnecting the battery?

jonathanfenton
03-11-2015, 01:20 AM
Nope. If it's the original symphony radio then it should be coded to ECU as zollaf said. It worries me they wrote the code by hand. Normally comes on a card with a sticker on it....

Adrian Williams
03-11-2015, 10:19 PM
Nope. If it's the original symphony radio then it should be coded to ECU as zollaf said. It worries me they wrote the code by hand. Normally comes on a card with a sticker on it....

I've done the job and the radio didn't ask for a code let alone the hand written code I had. Radio worked as normal once the new battery was reconnected and the ecu showed a couple of warning lights that went out once the car had been driven a few yards. All has been fine ever since.

Thanks for your help.