PDA

View Full Version : Which Remap

S3SteveW
03-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Im thinking about remapping my A6 2.0 TDI, unlike with previous cars it isnt just for more power this time.I would like to improve the fuel economy too. I had a Jabbasport remap on my S3,I was very happy with that map as not only did it increase the power(and smiles) but when you stayed away from the loud pedal improved the economy too.I am quite interested in the Superchips Bluefin this time. What maps are everyone running? What has been the effect on driveability and what difference in fuel economy if any have you seen?

szladob
02-11-2015, 02:03 AM
On an automatic car, it behaves in D half way as did in sport mode before, so definitely more fun to drive.. Not to mention how the sport mode now is... :)
Much more info available on manual cars on this and other forums.. I personally think the option of being able to put back to original map by yourself with bluefin is great, and may come really handy when the whole diesel recall issue comes alive.. It is VERY hard to compare economy, as it is just so much fun as the car responds to a bit of throttle, that you would need serious will power to test it.. But on motorways, stuck in traffic, I start to suspect that it is actually better even on an automatic car...

Advanced-Tuning
14-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Bluefin is an expensive generic map, and us pro tuners don't rate them. better to get a custom map tweaked on a descent trolling road, like our MAHA ;)
Most tuners including us can offer a self tuning device too, but with your custom map on instead of a "comprimised" one fits all generic map .

For example a visit to our head office in Accrington for a Custom remap would cost
around £250-300 depending on the ecu type and it will safely out perform a generic map on smoothness and power than even a bluefin