PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Passat B7 Immobilzer Active No Lights On Dash No Crank

pz_szczecin
29-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Hi! My name is Peter and I am new owner of 2013 Passat B7 2.0 TDI Bluemotion. Bought this car slightly damaged. Had to replace dashboard. When car was dismantled could start it and move it. When fitted in dashboard first time all lights on the dash illuminated as they supposed to but I didn't start the engine. My mechanic turned up to the garage later on and strated the engine which shut off after a second. Since then when unlock the car mileage and open door icon shows up on the dash,but nothing else. When flash high beam blue icon appears as well but I thinh this is the only one. When put a key in yellow steering wheel light come on for a second and IMMOBLIZER ACTIVE shows on dash. Can't put a car in ignition mode to read faults. Engine does not crank. Can lock and unlock the car. Don't know why dash sometimes flickers that message about immobilzer. When short circuit ignition socet all icons appear on dash but car only starts for a second and shuts off straight away. I have only one key. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for reading

martin1810
21-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Electric steering lock is not unlocking so you have no ignition. When you jump ignition engine will not run because immo is blocking engine run. You need vcds scan.

pz_szczecin
22-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Hi! Need to apologize I did not update this thread. I asked on other forums as well but found the reason myself. Problem was in ignition socket. Somehow it become damaged during reinstalation of the dashboard. Replaced with a second hand one ( no coding needed ) and voila! Car started straight away! Thanks for reply :)