PDA

View Full Version : Audi Connect

fusion1966
29-09-2015, 10:44 AM
I've recently taken delivery of a new Q7 and can't connect MyAudi to my MMI using the code supplied on the MyAudi web site

anyone else having an issue or any advice on how to connect?

fusion1966
03-10-2015, 10:33 PM
All sorted, O2 provided me with a data sim with no data capability. Now with giffgaff and all working fine

Nemo78
04-10-2015, 12:26 AM
How's the car - first impressions?

fusion1966
06-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Absolutely loving it

heads up display works a dream as does the virtual cockpit. The interia is plush and the dials etc are well made.

also glad I opted for the all wheel steering

only thing I'd probably add from the options list which I didn't would be the parking assist. I don't have any issue parking but the wife does so if you plan to let someone drive every now and then to "de-risk" the operation and take all the worry away I'd tick this options box

Nemo78
06-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Picked mine up yesterday - is very very good.

One thing I miss is the S-Tronic box the tip just feels to stay in gear longer.

Spec'd the Parking assist but not all wheel steering...

Oh also got the reversible boot liner but thinking that was a real waste - however need to take out of boot and look at it

fusion1966
06-10-2015, 10:50 PM
I have the boot liner too but need it for all my muddy fishing gear

im also glad that I didn't get the rear entertainment as I found a superb car mount for an iPad 2 which is incredibly sturdy, charges the tablet and comes with wireless headphones. It's made by nextbase and cost me less than £50. I ended up buying 2 of them and got a second iPad 2 off eBay so £250 in total for a much better system in my opinion. Oh it's also passed incar safety tests so get it while you can as I don't think they'll be around for long as I think that they are discontinued

Nemo78
07-10-2015, 08:48 AM
I have the boot liner too but need it for all my muddy fishing gear

im also glad that I didn't get the rear entertainment as I found a superb car mount for an iPad 2 which is incredibly sturdy, charges the tablet and comes with wireless headphones. It's made by nextbase and cost me less than £50. I ended up buying 2 of them and got a second iPad 2 off eBay so £250 in total for a much better system in my opinion. Oh it's also passed incar safety tests so get it while you can as I don't think they'll be around for long as I think that they are discontinued

I'm going to order the plastic bootliner (which I need to remove for 7 seat option) as hats much better for the dirty pushchair wheels etc.

Will see if dealers will 'buy back' my bootliner.

Can you PM me the link to the car mount please...

fusion1966
07-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Nextbase iPad 2 active car mount - 3wisemonkeys (http://www.3wisemonkeys.co.uk/computing/ipad-tablets/ipad-car-mount/nextbase-ipad-2-active-car-mount/)

i purchased mine mine from here as some of the other shops sell the mount without including the wireless headphones

Nemo78
09-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Thanks for this...question for you re MMI connect and app...have you managed to connect it up such that the app is able to show you things like fuel range / set aux heating on etc etc...

On my app I only get Navigation, Media and Settings no car option...

fusion1966
09-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Searching through various information on the numerous Audi sites I came across the face that you need to complete and sign a contract to get these additional services you mention, in addition it talked about using MyAudi to pre-heat and start up the car on cold mornings. I completed the contract, sent it off and received a security code. All good so far!

Then I tried to follow the instructions however when in my MMI one of the options in the instructions wasn't there so couldn't complete the task.

Spoke to Audi who informed me these services aren't yet available in the UK! Audi seriously need to work on their comms and customer experiences with these integrated services as at the moment it's close to appalling

Nemo78
09-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Brill thanks - so annoying they tell you can have these things like CarPlay yet don't actually have them...

Where did you complete the contract stuff?

fusion1966
09-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Cant remember but most of the information was contained within this instruction manual link (note the small print about availability of services!)

https://my.audi.com/content/dam/myaudi/brochures/audi-connect-guide-en.pdf

Nemo78
09-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks - I didn't get a paper copy of this would've expected it in fairness

stonestokie
10-10-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm going to order the plastic bootliner (which I need to remove for 7 seat option) as hats much better for the dirty pushchair wheels etc.

Will see if dealers will 'buy back' my bootliner.

Can you PM me the link to the car mount please...

Let me know if you need to sell!, could be interested in that as I did not order for my new q7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemo78
10-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Let me know if you need to sell!, could be interested in that as I did not order for my new q7

Sure thing...just waiting for the plastic bootliner to come in so I can look at it and then make a decision on which to keep/sell if that makes sense...

stonestokie
10-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Okdoky!

satyp
16-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately Audi Customer Experiences teams and communications are farce , they involve a great deal work and work more on the premise on keeping the customer at a distance then listening to the customer and keeping them close, all this after getting your custom, not sure is this just an issue with the UK-SIDE of things but the change in stance will need to come from the very top, which unfortunately isn't very visible at the moment

satyp
16-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Searching through various information on the numerous Audi sites I came across the face that you need to complete and sign a contract to get these additional services you mention, in addition it talked about using MyAudi to pre-heat and start up the car on cold mornings. I completed the contract, sent it off and received a security code. All good so far!

Then I tried to follow the instructions however when in my MMI one of the options in the instructions wasn't there so couldn't complete the task.

Spoke to Audi who informed me these services aren't yet available in the UK! Audi seriously need to work on their comms and customer experiences with these integrated services as at the moment it's close to appalling

Unfortunately Audi Customer Experiences teams and communications are a farce , they involve a great deal work and work more on the premise on keeping the customer at a distance then listening to the customer and keeping them close, all this after getting your custom, not sure is this just an issue with the UK-SIDE of things but the change in stance will need to come from the very top, which unfortunately isn't very visible at the moment