PDA

View Full Version : Inner Brake Light Audi 80 TDI?

jacksticks
22-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Afternoon all,

Quick one for you. One of my brake lights was out so I went to change the bulb. I presumed the brake lights and therefore bulb would be on the boot lid next to the reverse light. I then realised the brake light shares the same light as the rear tail light. I know the fog light is next to the reverse light on the offside but I can see a space where a bulb holder should go next to the reverse light on the near side! Is there meant to be a bulb here and is this the inner brake light?! Apologies if this is a really simple answer!

fourringsrus
22-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Many years ago ,I found a similar empty bulb holder and wondered what was going on (2000 model A6).
It turns out to be quite simple, the fog lamp is fitted on one side in this country and the other side in other countries, so as you only have one fog lamp, the spare location is just for other markets.

jacksticks
22-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Thanks for that! Knew there would be a simple explanation!

helmsy157
11-12-2015, 04:20 PM
If you can access a breakers yard you will find the empty hole can be filled with another fog light holder, the wires are all there gives you two fog lights, better to be seen with!!