PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic lights cluster

drrgriffiths
15-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Could anybody tell me if the LED light cluster fitted on a 2015 A6 4G can be retrofitted with the dynamic light module available on the internet or are the dynamic light cluster fitted in the factory physically different ( although visually the same ).

Many thanks

Roger

johnsimcox
15-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Could anybody tell me if the LED light cluster fitted on a 2015 A6 4G can be retrofitted with the dynamic light module available on the internet or are the dynamic light cluster fitted in the factory physically different ( although visually the same ).

Many thanks

Roger

I believe they can and somewhere on here is a post of someone who did it, but if I recall correctly it cost several hundred pounds

M1tchy
15-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Retrofit the matrix lights? That would be amazing if it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bar Shaker
16-09-2015, 01:02 PM
I think drrgriffiths is referring to the Dynamic Rear Lights, with the swoosh indicators. There are a couple of companies offering these as aftermarket options.

The Matrix lights are a whole different kettle of fish. Their ECU is linked to your Sat Nav and they have sensors for detecting other vehicles in front (going in both directions and moving left to right). They also use the sat nav to detect the curve of the road. I'm sure it can be done but the cost would be eye watering. Fitting would be 'interesting' if the loom parts were missing.

That said, they are truly incredible to drive behind :D

fest0r
16-09-2015, 01:44 PM
I thought the op meant the front too. Wasn't the dynamic light module was created for the rear? There would be no need to ask… or am I missing something?

Anyway, if it’s for the rear then maybe someone with extensive experience of modding the original rear clusters and fitting the facelift units could advise. If only we had someone here like that :biglaugh:

M1tchy
16-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Haha, I've done the tears and love them. The front on the A7 are 2 grand per side, plus a new bumper (as they are a different shape) plus paint, plus and looms, coding etc (if it's even possible)

Rears are easy though. Just plug and plau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drrgriffiths
16-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Hi, yes the dynamic light are the rear ones. My question is simply if the LED clusters fitted on a 2015 A6 that does not have factory fitted dynamic lights are the same ones fitted to a car that does. I have been in the process of purchasing the modules the update the light clusters to dynamic but have been advised to check they are dynamic capable.

Regards

Roger

GeoffCurd
16-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Audi A6 Rear LED Lights & Dynamic Indicators | Advanced In-Car (http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/audi-retrofits/audi-a6-led-clusters-dynamic-light-modules)

shows it's possible and fairly simple. But £££'s :bigeyes::bigeyes:

drrgriffiths
16-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Ah, that's who I was getting the control units off but they've asked me to check the LED clusters are the right ones before they send them out as there none refundable !!

johnsimcox
16-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Ah, that's who I was getting the control units off but they've asked me to check the LED clusters are the right ones before they send them out as there none refundable !!
OK I think the question you are really asking is whether the SE (static) and S-Line (dynamic) cars have the same rear light cluster. Key will be whether the LEDs for the indicators on the SE are wired as one or individually. I would suggest the easiest option (as Partsbase does not yet go up to 2015) is to ask someone in the dealer parts department to check if the part numbers for the 2 units are the same or different.

drrgriffiths
17-09-2015, 07:11 AM
Exactly! Unfortunately my local Audi garage aren't willing to help so if anybody has a dealer that is more forthcoming...or works at a dealership, advice would be most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Roger

johnsimcox
17-09-2015, 08:54 AM
On the 2013 A8 which has the sequential indicator and is in Partsbase, there are 2 options for the tail light 4H0945093A and 4H0945093. Wonder if one is with and one without sequential indicator

MarkTM
17-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Why do you guys not have better relationships with your dealers considering you have newer cars:confused:

4G9945 094F (off side inner) £228 inc
4G9945 096F (off side outer) £212.86 inc

4G9945 095F (near side inner) £as off side
4G9945 093F (nar side outer) £ as off side

So £872 squiddlies for the parts...if indeed they are just plug and play?

GrolschUK
17-09-2015, 09:34 PM
MarkTM... the OP isn't asking to plug-play the entire fitting...

They have been able to source the light control circuit board that will do with dynamic effect... it's just a question of if it is plugged into a SE light cluster, will the LEDs play ball. (IE, is the SE cluster, the same as the S-Line cluster, but with different electronics)

MarkTM
17-09-2015, 09:39 PM
The part numbers listed are for all facelifted 2015 A6's, dealer said there is only one variant.

I'll let you decided?

GrolschUK
17-09-2015, 09:41 PM
In that case, that is his answer :)

One part fits all, it's the electronics that to the magic

drrgriffiths
17-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Many thanks..... I think this is what I wanted to hear!

newforester
18-09-2015, 06:07 PM
There appear to be number of UK and German sites offering the cables at considerably less than the one proposed by the OP, would these not be the same?

http://www.active-sound.eu/de/audi/audi-a7-4g/audi-a7-4g-facelift-rueckleuchten-modul-dynamischer-blinker-nachruestung
http://www.k-electronic-shop.de/product_info.php?info=p490113039_audi-a6-4g-limousine-facelift-led-heckleuchten-dynamischer-blinker-anschlusspaket.html&no_boost=1
Wiring + coding dongle LED Rear Lights Audi A6 4G-39232 (https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a6/a6-4g/wiring-coding-dongle-led-rear-lights-audi-a6-4g)

The A7 forum appears to suggest as do other in this thread that its a simple cable replacement to make the SE rear lights dynamically sweep?

xtrem
13-04-2016, 01:01 PM
old thread but no answer if justreplacing the cable would work?

my clusters have E at the end instead of F at the end (eg. 4G9945094E).

Q7quattro
13-04-2016, 09:36 PM
I've been quoted £130.00 for the modules ,by Ash at "Audi-retrofits"

The website is http://audi-retrofits.co.uk/#home

(Havnt bought them yet though)

xtrem
14-04-2016, 08:16 AM
I've been quoted £130.00 for the modules ,by Ash at "Audi-retrofits"

The website is Audi Retrofits (http://audi-retrofits.co.uk/#home)

(Havnt bought them yet though)

What are the requirements to get it to work with just the modules? (which clusters do they work with?)