PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please fellow posters

Fastlad
06-10-2007, 05:09 PM
3rd post so please be gentle :1zhelp:

I am just a tad confused with the TP + TMC (Both activated and not crossed out) on the DVD Sat Nav.....Why does it show on a list all the trouble hotspots all over the country. But direct me straight into a traffic jam that was on the list.:aargh4:. I am used to the "Queing traffic ahead" From SATNAV women in my X5 and her offering me a "Diversion"....I have looked through all the Nav books that came with the car and I think I have all the settings correct. Surely I do not have to set my destination on the Nav and work out a route myself to avoid trouble on the List of delays?

:dunno:

My first ever Diesel and Audi. I have had the car for a week now and noticed on starting the engine, the car appears to twist / rock at the front then settles down is this normal? Also noticed it when accelerating sharply.

Finally....the lights on the car are a bit disappointing to say the least and I have purchased a set of replacement, Philips power+ blue / xenon filled bulbs....can an idiot fit these without too much brain power.

Much obliged

RickT
06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi,

In regards to the highlight blubs,

See me guide on the below link, you have to remove the headlights to replace the bulbs, takes me around 15 mins for both, but on your first outing, i bet an easy 30-45 mins...

and before you say it.. "headlights out to replace a bulb!!!" yes i know. what a hassle!

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7485

(ps.. you may have to get around 10 posts under your belt before you can download the guide, if this is the case, just drop me a PM message with your email and i will get it sent over to you)

in regards to the Sat Nav, cant really help there as i dont have it installed..

Rick

Fastlad
06-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Rick

Thanks for the reply and your guide very helpful.

However even more confused now as the handbook for the car does not mention anything about removing headlights to replace the bulbs.....Is this the same for 2007 model year?

Cheers

Craig

RickT
07-10-2007, 06:39 PM
i have not looked under the bonnet close enough to check if its the same process.. i would expect it is as its only a face lfit..

In the manual it states something like.. to change a bulb.. contact your local Audi dealer..

Rick

GH20TDI
08-10-2007, 01:59 PM
and before you say it.. "headlights out to replace a bulb!!!" yes i know. what a hassle!

I recently replaced all the bulbs in my B7 (with the Halfords jobbies) and didn't have to take the headlights out. It was a bit of a struggle and I had to remove part of the air inlet hose thingy (technical term!), but I managed to get it done in less than 15 mins, in the dark!

The only problem I had was I pushed the bulb retainers a little hard and popped the lights of the height adjusters. Once located it was simple enough to pop them back on (although I cannot remember exactly how).

It does make a huge difference and well worth the money.

Fastlad
08-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Many thanks...I have a free day tomorow so I'll give it a bash and see what happens......no doubt carnage!

Fastlad
18-10-2007, 05:29 AM
:biglaugh:

10 mins and new bulbs are in.:approve:.....Not a bit of blood or trapped fingers...I can't believe it.

RickT
23-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Sounds like they maybe a little more room on the B7 to B6..

I changed my Dads B6 Bulbs the otherday to the Halford Super Brillance ones..

it took me 15 mins removing both headlights!

Rick