PDA

View Full Version : Too much oil

Warthog21
08-09-2015, 08:40 PM
I have been looking at the forum for some time and have made a couple of posts. I appreciate the posts and wish I had known about before I ordered my second Audi. You posters did save me a grand.:biglaugh:

Took my A6 FL to the dealer as the oil was reading too much. Told that some oil had been taken out. No explanation. Any suggestions as to what may be the cause? Basically I have been told keep an eye on the oil and report back.

And, no we can't reprogram your high beam assist to kick in at 30mph since it is in the hardware to come on at 60 kph. Driving along rural roads renders it useless.

BTW I miss the LED headlights which are much better than the halogens.

jcdub
08-09-2015, 10:01 PM
A increase in oil level is usually caused by regeneration letting too much fuel into the cylinders which can make it's way into the sump...
Keep an eye on it over the next couple of thousand miles

chiefbadger
08-09-2015, 10:05 PM
My A6 told me the oil was too high for the 18months I had it. Went into the dealers numerous times for other things but they never mentioned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A6S
09-09-2015, 08:21 PM
Had the same problems with my fl ultra. Aa came out took about half a litre out as they said it was too much according to their dipstick. Took it Audi and the checked everything and recalibrate the oil sensor. Supposedly it recalibrates itself if you open and shut the bonnet

M1tchy
09-09-2015, 08:59 PM
That's utter rubbish about not being able to reprogram the high beam assist. I've done it on mine - and a few others on here. Have a look at the A7 tips and tricks thread. It's easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk