PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling Traffic Announcement

N16E
07-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I cancel a traffic announcement say half way through? On the screen it says to cancel press the symbol that looks an on/off circle ( there is a button with this symbol on the rear view mirror, but it's not that) it's got me beat....

I have reverted to Disabling TA but it's so useful....

I expect when someone tells me how to did it, it'll be embarrassingly obvious.

Thanks in advance.

N16e

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest 2
07-09-2015, 07:21 PM
press the volume control knob or press the left scroll wheel on your steering wheel.

sentiMENTL
07-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Press the volume control knob.

That will cancel the TP announcement.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N16E
07-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Many thanks... I'll try that in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Splash
08-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Glad its sorted, but just so you understand the Audi logic, holding the volume knob down works as on/off (like the symbol you saw), and a short press will mute the volume. I can never remember what pressing the MFSW rollers does, especially during a call, as they did slightly different things in my previous car like repeating Nav instructions which now has a dedicated button.

My brain's reached saturation with all the permutations, but at least I can purge my C6 mindset now. I don't think I'd want another level of commands to juggle for a while...

MFGF
08-09-2015, 12:52 PM
press the volume control knob or press the left scroll wheel on your steering wheel.

Ah - it's now the right scroll wheel (volume control knob) in the C7 Chris. Used to be the left one on my C6 though :)

Cheers!

MF.

Scott K
08-09-2015, 10:16 PM
On my car, pressing the volume knob briefly or the mute button on the steering wheel both cancel the TA.