PDA

View Full Version : Leather door handles?

Rassi
07-09-2015, 12:46 PM
I am about to enter Audi ownership after 15 years of BMW - a 2014 A6 3.0 BiTDI with 9000 km on it helped soften the blow :D

Generally I was very impressed with the interior but for the surprise when I discovered that the interior door handles were plastic and not leather covered. Can't remember this in any of my previous cars, and the first owner apparently didn't spec the "extended leather" which would have provided this. Don't know if this is a Belgian spec thing, but a bit disappointing.

Now thinking about retrofitting this, which I suppose would mean that the door panels would have to come off?

morski
07-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Dont expect too much standard spec from Audi. Stingy & greedy. You want it so pay for it! Fitting the leather armrests will require all the panels to come off and start stripping the door panels from behind. The armrests are screwed on to the door panel so luckily not bonded on.
Will add a nice touch especially in a complementary colour stitching.
Just dont break the clips or tabs off the back when removing the door panels

Rassi
07-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Just found it strange, as this is standard fit in e.g. the 5 series and E class.

Anyway, can hardly complain, as the first owner managed to put a lot of other nice options, for me to buy the car 20 months later at half price and 9000 km.

A6S
08-09-2015, 08:53 AM
I have them in my facelift. It's nice but not really worth it. Just ordered another fl and thought money was better spent on other toys.