PDA

View Full Version : VAG COM on Windows Vista

Marc111111
06-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi all:Blush:
Just registered with this site, its great.

Does anyone have any drivers for a USB to OBD 2 lead for Windows Vista?

I bought a cheap lead from ebay ELM 323 with SO9141 and KWP2000 protocol to use with VAGCOM 3.11

Cars a 04 plate Sharan tdi

Cheers for any help received
Marc

onzarob
06-10-2007, 02:52 PM
If its a non standard cable the drivers are usb to serial converter (built into lead) I used the same one I used on xp. I use Vista and have registered version of Vag-com. You want to use version 409 with Vista and that lead.

sooty
29-02-2008, 08:48 PM
:1zhelp:
If its a non standard cable the drivers are usb to serial converter (built into lead) I used the same one I used on xp. I use Vista and have registered version of Vag-com. You want to use version 409 with Vista and that lead.

Hi

I have the same lead with Vista however VAG-COM version 409.1 keeps crashing and not responding. Ross-Tech will only officialy say that the version 7 will work FULLY with Vista. Any idea how I can get version 409.1 setup on Vista?

onzarob
29-02-2008, 09:11 PM
You need to right click on the VAG-COM icon and click properties, then the shortcut tab. On that window there is a 'advanced button' click and select 'Run as administrator'

Basically Vista Runs all programs with lower privileges, but VAG-COM need to create file within it own program directory. So by setting the program to run at the highest level all works well.

I have this setup with no issues ;)

sooty
29-02-2008, 11:59 PM
You need to right click on the VAG-COM icon and click properties, then the shortcut tab. On that window there is a 'advanced button' click and select 'Run as administrator'

Basically Vista Runs all programs with lower privileges, but VAG-COM need to create file within it own program directory. So by setting the program to run at the highest level all works well.

Thanks mate I'll give it a try over the weekend!

sooty
01-03-2008, 03:17 PM

Spot on mate it worked fine now!
I am ashamed to admit I work in IT!

Realised that I cant do much with a OBD 2 cable so I am going to have to get one of the proper bad boys!

onzarob
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM

So do i ;):D

Realised that I cant do much with a OBD 2 cable so I am going to have to get one of the proper bad boys!

When you say you can't do alot, what exactly, if it not registered then you can't use the basic setting etc. I registered mine for $99(£50) and i can do alot of stuff:D

sooty
03-03-2008, 01:10 AM
So do i ;):D

When you say you can't do alot, what exactly, if it not registered then you can't use the basic setting etc. I registered mine for $99(£50) and i can do alot of stuff:D

I want to be able to program it so I can set the door to lock automaticly, alarm to cherp ETC

I understand that this cant be done with the cable I have?

onzarob
03-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I have a cable from ebay and with the registered version 409.1 I can set the doors to locks, match in keys and any other basic settings ;)

sooty
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I have a cable from ebay and with the registered version 409.1 I can set the doors to locks, match in keys and any other basic settings ;)

Is it a OBD 2 cable? I got mine off eBay too

onzarob
03-03-2008, 02:16 PM
OBD 2 is the standard for car communications it not a type, So your car is OBD 2. So it either works with VAG-COM or it doesn't.

VAG-COM recommend testing the cable before buying a license so basically if it talks to the car now then it will do eveything else as well :D

Sam
03-03-2008, 02:38 PM

<laughs a lot>

sooty
03-03-2008, 03:17 PM
OBD 2 is the standard for car communications it not a type, So your car is OBD 2. So it either works with VAG-COM or it doesn't.

VAG-COM recommend testing the cable before buying a license so basically if it talks to the car now then it will do eveything else as well :D

That clears a lot up!
I'll get myself a licence then!

Thanks you have been a star

pauloalmas
25-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Hello everyone !!!

I have a problem with the comunications with my 2001 VW SHARAN (1.9TDi 115hp) using the KWP2000 Plus (bought on ebay).

I know I have to take off two 5A fuses. I menaged to find the first (the first 5A small fuse on the left) one and the software can find the ECU, but when I send it to READ, it says to take off another fuse and I can't find it :(

Does anyone knows What are the two fuses ?

Thank you
Paulo Almas

shibernieks
29-09-2008, 07:19 PM

I have VAG-COM Release 311-2 on Vista and basically everything works but when I start check controllers VAG-COM doesnt work any more and windows shows that programm has been stoped.

Once at the beginning I get connection with engine controller but this was only once.
Is there any possibility that your suggestion will be useful for me or I have to download a newer version of VAG-COM software.

onzarob
29-09-2008, 08:28 PM
I have VAG-COM Release 311-2 on Vista and basically everything works but when I start check controllers VAG-COM doesnt work any more and windows shows that programm has been stoped.

Once at the beginning I get connection with engine controller but this was only once.
Is there any possibility that your suggestion will be useful for me or I have to download a newer version of VAG-COM software.

Yes it will work for you too, it maybe other issues but it won't hurt to try ;)

shibernieks
29-09-2008, 08:48 PM
ok. I will try tomorrow ;)