PDA

View Full Version : Question Technology Pack Advanced - useful?

sbelfield
04-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Anyone got Technology Pack Advanced on their car and could provide some feedback on the usefullnes of the features it provides? Really interested to know how well the cruise, blind spot protection, etc, operate.

thanks

Steve

belly buster
04-09-2015, 06:52 PM
It all works very well and if you like tech goodies it's a good option to spec.

wildbore
04-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Blind Spot Assist isn't much help if you use your mirrors carefully, but ACC and Lane Assist have proved invaluable to me. I am currently doing a couple of 200 motorway-mile journeys per week and I cannot get over how much less tiring those journeys are compared to in my previous (very comfortable, relaxing) Mercedes E Class. Of course, the seats in the MB were approximately 100 times more comfortable, so it's not all good news.....

belly buster
04-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Side assist (Blind Spot Assist) is very helpful if you don't see a car in your blind spot and it saves you from sideswiping it. Might only happen once every blue moon but it's just saved you a lot of aggravation.

Scott K
04-09-2015, 10:48 PM
I find the ACC annoying at times as it reacts quite quickly to slow moving traffic so you either have to override it or pull out very early, I am getting used to it slowly. As Bellybuster says, if side assist only saves you once, it's worth it. The lane assist is great on long motorway journeys and gives a little extra safety with the ACC. My wife likes it so much, she wants it on her next car!

belly buster
05-09-2015, 12:46 AM
I find the ACC annoying at times as it reacts quite quickly to slow moving traffic so you either have to override it or pull out very early, I am getting used to it slowly. As Bellybuster says, if side assist only saves you once, it's worth it. The lane assist is great on long motorway journeys and gives a little extra safety with the ACC. My wife likes it so much, she wants it on her next car!

Change the ACC setting to comfort in the MMI if you haven't already.

Scott K
05-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Change the ACC setting to comfort in the MMI if you haven't already.

Thanks. I'll check what I have it set at as I run the car in individual most of the time but haven't looked at the settings for about a year!