PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q3 not engaging reverse, automatic handbrake

richardelliott
02-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Hi all,

Hoping you can help. I bought a Q3 a few months back from Audi Leeds. Excellent car but having one bizarre issue. It’s an [automatic]2.0 litre.

Scenario is this:

On a steep hill incline with the vehicle facing downwards

Vehicle is currently in park, automatic handbrake is on

I start ignition, put vehicle in reverse, place foot on brake, [release automatic handbrake]

> At this point I totally accept the vehicle will roll forward due to the incline. I then go to counteract this by using the accelerator (with the vehicle in reverse. The vehicle does not then accelerate backwards but infact continues to roll forwards, as if reverse isn’t engaging.
> The Audi engineer I dealt with at Manchester Audi has told me that I MUST leave the electronic handbrake on, or yes the vehicle will continue to roll forwards due to the steep incline. That’s how they are designed?!

This strikes be as bizarre, as surely I don’t HAVE to keep the automatic handbrake on for the vehicle to automatically reverse.

Thanks

Richard

kite
02-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Try what he said. I think the auto brake will release as the box starts to drive.

mumutley
16-12-2015, 11:01 PM
The electronic handbrake is designed to release automatically.
You select the required gear Drive or Reverse, apply throttle and the electronic handbrake will release
This is the same as on the latest Jaguars and Land Rovers

If you think its still not right get the dealer to show you, on a hill