PDA

View Full Version : write or wrong

plev
02-08-2006, 07:16 PM
I am thinking of changing my vectra v6 for a audi A4 1.9 (TDI 130).Reason for changes are vectra needs quite a bit of work doing to it and i know need a diesel for work .Have i chossen the right car??????

j.ayton
20-08-2006, 05:45 PM
YES i bought my 2003 tdi sport estate and absolutely love it have done some long journeys in it now and it drives and feels like a gem. so well built. so well engineered. no complaints at all in any area.

paul20v
19-09-2006, 12:01 PM
get rid of the vectra v6 there an **** to work on and there still vauxhalls at the end of the day i am just not a lover of vauxhall sorry to anyone with one get an audi you wont be disapointed i have had a few over 10yrs and everyone was great they i just got faster models thats all

dgh938peg
19-09-2006, 12:12 PM
I had a Nove GTE some years back and was probably the most fun car I've had to drive. Vauxhall build quality is attrocious compared to Audi. i now have a 53 plate A6 1.9tdi (130Bhp as you are after in an A4) and i can comfortably turn out 50mpg on a motorway run with the multitronic box and cruise at 75 (sorry officer). in my view you are making a good choice.

Audimandan

j.ayton
19-09-2006, 04:15 PM
i echo the vauxhall complaints. i had a corsa, nice enough car (though not the most rewarding to drive) but my local vauxhall garage was a disgrace, no customer service and on one occasion the service manager offered me outside for a fight!;)

Huweth
19-09-2006, 05:23 PM
I just changed my Vectra for a Passat 130 TDI. Obviously it's similar to the A4. I am racking my brain for something about the Vectra that I prefer...

j.ayton
19-09-2006, 08:16 PM
how about its dazzling dynamics? or its great build quality? perhaps even the ethos of a company whose chairman once said 'we're not in the business of making cars, we're in the business of making money.'

i wouldn't buy another GM product if you paid me!

cheers :beerchug:

J

dgh938peg
20-09-2006, 08:12 AM
There you go Plev. I think we have said enough although we are somewhat biased I suppose.

Thie final instance to convince you're making a good choice...
I have a friend who both him and his wife drove Vectra diesels on P and W plates, both had around 90k on them when something went wrong with the diesel pump. both cars were taken away to the scrapyard as it was going to cost £1500 to repair each car!

Audimandan :approve: